blago ARRESTED!

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
howhill1

blago ARRESTED!

Postby howhill1 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:15 pm

our illustrious gov. rod blogojevich was arrested this a.m. on federal corruption charges, for attempting to sell osamabamas vacant senate seat to the highest bidder. maybe the next guy will rebuild the dnr that blago tore apart.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

Woods Walker

RE: blago ARRESTED!

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:26 pm

Whomever it is, he/she has their work cut out for them. It's not just the DNR....the entire state's a mess.

Maybe, just maybe, the people of Illinois have finally had enough of the inbred culture of political corruption that we have here in Illinois, and the next election they will begin to finally clean house............ NAAAAH......too much, "What's in it for me?" attitude still around!

As long as we keep sending these clowns to Springfield to line their pockets with our money, then we will continue to get the state government we deserve.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

passin through

Postby passin through » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:33 pm

Hey guys, condolences on the rotten apple.  I saw the piece CBS did on it this pm.  Kinda insulting what the FBI guy said about ILL being one of the most corrupt states in the Union.  'course I was insulted because I KNOW we here in Louisiana have the best politicians money can buy[:D]...no way you guys do... I mean ya'll don't even have Hurricanes to give you an extra lift.  Selling a senate seat?  Heck, Old Fast Eddie Edwards took a state jet to Vegas with State funds in his pocket and told the press to meet him there!  A Senate seat wouldn't have covered his bar tab for a week!....And we loved the old guy....heck I'd vote for him again.   Ya'll wanna talk graft and corruption...Come on down in February... we'll go to Mardi Gras, eat crawfish and walk down Bourbon Street....Its for sale if you're interested[:D]

Just trying to make light of a bad situation please don't take offense!

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:45 am

At least he didn't have strippers at his mansion like Mayor Kwame from Detroit did![:D]

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:02 am

ORIGINAL: passin through

Hey guys, condolences on the rotten apple.  I saw the piece CBS did on it this pm.  Kinda insulting what the FBI guy said about ILL being one of the most corrupt states in the Union.  'course I was insulted because I KNOW we here in Louisiana have the best politicians money can buy[:D]...no way you guys do... I mean ya'll don't even have Hurricanes to give you an extra lift.  Selling a senate seat?  Heck, Old Fast Eddie Edwards took a state jet to Vegas with State funds in his pocket and told the press to meet him there!  A Senate seat wouldn't have covered his bar tab for a week!....And we loved the old guy....heck I'd vote for him again.   Ya'll wanna talk graft and corruption...Come on down in February... we'll go to Mardi Gras, eat crawfish and walk down Bourbon Street....Its for sale if you're interested[:D]

Just trying to make light of a bad situation please don't take offense!

Louisiana the most corrupt? HA! No way!  How many of YOUR recent governors have done/are doing time in a Federal prison for corruption?  And although it hasn't happened yet, the odds are that it's pretty well a sure thing.....how many other states have had TWO of their last two governors doing time in a Fedreal prison AT THE SAME TIME!!

And if Blago goes down, then that will make FOUR Illinois governors over the last 40 years to go to prison. Illinois has it's own wing at the Federal prison in Minnesota!

Face it....Illinois is THE champeeen........[:D]
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:05 am

I heard it was 5 in 50 years for Illinois. Organized crime is alive and well! 

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:25 am

ORIGINAL: HoneyHole

I heard it was 5 in 50 years for Illinois. Organized crime is alive and well! 

Hmmm....I know there's Walker, Kerner, Ryan, and now soon  to be Blago.

Who's #5? I don't doubt you, I just want to know.

Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

8uck5nort

Postby 8uck5nort » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:27 am

Hmmmm,

What's the track record on senators soon to be be president?
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

Return to Breaking News