Ammo Coding, What's Next?

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Corey Graff

Ammo Coding, What's Next?

Postby Corey Graff » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:33 am

There is a bill that is being pushed in 18 states that requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacturer in a database of all ammunition sales.

Information contained in the database could include what you've bought and in what calibers.

Ammunition will not be able to be sold after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded, if these proposals pass.

Any privately-held, uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011 (including hand loaded ammo).

There will also be a charge of .05 cent tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more!

If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your guns, many believe.

This legislation is currently pending in 18 states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.

To find more about the anti-gun group that is sponsoring this legislation and the specific legislation for each state, go to:
http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

JOEL

RE: Ammo Coding, What's Next?

Postby JOEL » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:45 am

well that didnt take long did it?[:@]
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:57 am

Wow, Obama wins the election and they can't wait to get out the new legislation that attacks our 2nd Amendment Rights!  They're not sure they can get all our guns so they go after the ammunition we need to fire the guns, what crap.

I guess I have one good reason now to start going to gun shows now.  You may not find the best deals on guns there but you can usually buy ammunition in bulk at a pretty good price.  While the ammunition is currently not coded I guess it's time to stock up! 

dmcianfa

Postby dmcianfa » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:04 am

My God,

They are starting the snow ball and let me tell you this will only get worse with time.  Anti-gun folks are probably feeling pretty good right now about the control that the liberals have in both branches of the federal government and frighteningly soon in the third possibly, god forbid.  Hopefully some of these states resort to sound reasoning and realize what impact this would be to sportsman accross the state and nation for that matter.  This not only puts a strain on the numerous hunting folks nationwide, but is not necessary and should be addressed by groups such as the NRA head on.  I am not currently a member, but with proposals like this coming up more and more every day, I may now vow my undue loyalty to such an organization very,very soon.  That means contributing to funds to combat such impositions.  I am astonished that excrement like this bill would even be brought to bear or even heard at our state assemblies and thank the two states I frequent MI and WI that are not included (YET!)  I fear we are heading into some dreadful times ahead where complete control is an everyday occurance and the freedoms established by this good nation in our Bill of Rights are tossed aside and thrown out with window "for the good of the whole".  We (normal law abiding citizens) are more responsible than you think America and I pity you for not trusting your public in thinking you have to resort to such drastic means or measures.  You will not only strain the consumer, but continue to constrict the legal right to manufacture and bear arms in this country with these laws.  I am deeply saddened today, but mostly angry![:@][:'(][:(][:@][:'(][:(]
"I enjoy and become completely immersed in the challenge and the increased opportunity to become for a time a part of nature. Deer hunting is a classical exercise in freedom. It�s a return to fundamentals that I distinctly feel are basic and right"-F.B.

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:10 am

Russ Ford has been discredited by his own words. He owns a patent on technology and is trying to force, through legislation, the use of it so he can make a huge monopolistic profit. Be sure you listen to all 5 segments of his interview with Cam Edwards.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Ammo+Serialization&search_type=&aq=f

This has been going on since early this year and every state that has brought it up, pretty much gets the bill shot down in short order.

speakerboxx

Postby speakerboxx » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:17 am

It's a darn shame, hope the hunters in your state stand up against this. My state isn't on the list......yet (Virginia).

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:33 am

ORIGINAL: 69Viking

Wow, Obama wins the election and they can't wait to get out the new legislation that attacks our 2nd Amendment Rights!  They're not sure they can get all our guns so they go after the ammunition we need to fire the guns, what crap.

I guess I have one good reason now to start going to gun shows now.  You may not find the best deals on guns there but you can usually buy ammunition in bulk at a pretty good price.  While the ammunition is currently not coded I guess it's time to stock up! 

These bills were introduced long before Obama was elected, and if you'll notice, in Mississippi the bill is already dead.  Since they're state bills, they also have nothing to do with who is in the Whitehouse, although most were introduced while Bush was there.  Damn that Bush, he's trying to take our guns before he leaves. [:@]

Also, many of the bills indicate a 1/2 cent tax, that would mean an additional 10 cents for my box of 20 rounds.  Hardly the $2.50 stated by Corey.  Given the other factors causing the steep rise in ammo prices I wouldn't worry too much about this causing shooting to become too expensive.

Old news here, but I suppose I can see why it was posted.  Nothing like keeping the masses agitated.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:37 am

ORIGINAL: ranwin33

These bills were introduced long before Obama was elected, and if you'll notice, in Mississippi the bill is already dead.  Since they're state bills, they also have nothing to do with who is in the Whitehouse, although most were introduced while Bush was there.  Damn that Bush, he's trying to take our guns before he leaves. [:@]

Also, many of the bills indicate a 1/2 cent tax, that would mean an additional 10 cents for my box of 20 rounds.  Hardly the $2.50 stated by Corey.  Given the other factors causing the steep rise in ammo prices I wouldn't worry too much about this causing shooting to become too expensive.

Old news here, but I suppose I can see why it was posted.  Nothing like keeping the masses agitated.

You make it quite clear you're an Obama supporter that's for sure.  Sure they were introduced before and turned down.  Why do you think they are being introduced AGAIN NOW?  Because they know changes have happened in Congress and they know the most liberal president this country has ever seen is about to take office.  Anti-gun groups are chopping at the bit because now they know they have a chance and opinions like yours just show how blind a lot of people are on this issue.  Currently there are several new bills be introduced into legislation for the new year and don't you think it's ironic such a large amount are coming just in time for Obama to take over office with his new Congress. 

All it's going to take is just one or two of the new bills to get approved and that will start a landslide of erosion to your 2nd amendment rights.  Wake up and smell the coffee before it's too late. 

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:49 am

Not agitated, INFORMED!!!!!!!!!

You keep your head in the sand, and many of us will continue to keep you safe, so you can continue to claim that we`re chicken little screaming that the sky is falling.

I won`t be disposing of the thousands of rounds of ammo I have by the due date, should this piece of crap legislation pass in Indiana. So, on a certain date, I`ll become a criminal, what a travesty. And those like yourself will support that.

Bills such as this one are the beginning of the average American gun owner being turned into a criminal.

dmcianfa

Postby dmcianfa » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:20 am

If you think for one cotton pickin' minute that Obama being elected into the presidential office has no bearing on these bills being reintroduced to a firm liberal congress at both federal and state levels, then you sir are just as incomprehensible as those that voted for the "flash" talker.  Where I come from we call this "the blind leading the blind".  Our newly elected president, without a valid birth record I might add, will do everything in his extreme leftist powers to help this agenda out.  And that's just what these bills are, agendas, someone's or group's agenda to further their cause on patents and/or gun (ammo for the gun in this case) control.  It is a LIBERTY you should be proud of and stick up for and I hope the knock on your door is first for throwing it under the bus.  Maybe your well to do or had a silver spoon stuck in your mouth that you can afford these proposals to hike cost of ammo up, but for everyday Joe's like me it is one slap in the face that is probably the first of many to come.  Oh, and State statutes are many "test sites" of future Federal proposals.  Sickening is the word that comes to my mind when I see you type your filth.
"I enjoy and become completely immersed in the challenge and the increased opportunity to become for a time a part of nature. Deer hunting is a classical exercise in freedom. It�s a return to fundamentals that I distinctly feel are basic and right"-F.B.

Next

Return to Breaking News