Ammo Coding, What's Next?

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
hunter480

RE: Ammo Coding, What's Next?

Postby hunter480 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:59 am

ORIGINAL: dmcianfa

ORIGINAL: ranwin33

ORIGINAL: 69Viking

Wow, Obama wins the election and they can't wait to get out the new legislation that attacks our 2nd Amendment Rights!  They're not sure they can get all our guns so they go after the ammunition we need to fire the guns, what crap.

I guess I have one good reason now to start going to gun shows now.  You may not find the best deals on guns there but you can usually buy ammunition in bulk at a pretty good price.  While the ammunition is currently not coded I guess it's time to stock up! 

These bills were introduced long before Obama was elected, and if you'll notice, in Mississippi the bill is already dead.  Since they're state bills, they also have nothing to do with who is in the Whitehouse, although most were introduced while Bush was there.  Damn that Bush, he's trying to take our guns before he leaves. [:@]

Also, many of the bills indicate a 1/2 cent tax, that would mean an additional 10 cents for my box of 20 rounds.  Hardly the $2.50 stated by Corey.  Given the other factors causing the steep rise in ammo prices I wouldn't worry too much about this causing shooting to become too expensive.

Old news here, but I suppose I can see why it was posted.  Nothing like keeping the masses agitated.

If you think for one cotton pickin' minute that Obama being elected into the presidential office has no bearing on these bills being reintroduced to a firm liberal congress at both federal and state levels, then you sir are just as incomprehensible as those that voted for the "flash" talker.  Where I come from we call this "the blind leading the blind".  Our newly elected president, without a valid birth record I might add, will do everything in his extreme leftist powers to help this agenda out.  And that's just what these bills are, agendas, someone's or group's agenda to further their cause on patents and/or gun (ammo for the gun in this case) control.  It is a LIBERTY you should be proud of and stick up for and I hope the knock on your door is first for throwing it under the bus.  Maybe your well to do or had a silver spoon stuck in your mouth that you can afford these proposals to hike cost of ammo up, but for everyday Joe's like me it is one slap in the face that is probably the first of many to come.  Oh, and State statutes are many "test sites" of future Federal proposals.  Sickening is the word that comes to my mind when I see you type your filth.

Absolutely agreed.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:07 pm

"Anyone who considers themself a serious gun owner who would vote for an Obama, or a Kerry, is....well.....a moron.
[size=100]

It'd be akin to a black person voting for an avowed member of the KKK."[/size]

And this folks, is only the beginning!  Just wait until President Bamboozel'em gets his first SCOTUS appointment, and then the fun will really begin.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

beagleman23

Postby beagleman23 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:49 am

A handgun data base of fired brass for new pistols sold has been in effect for several years in New York State.  So far it has cost the tax payers slightly over 7 million dollars and its annual cost is around one million.  There has been numerous inquires by Law Enforcement and only 'two hits' which have not resulted in any action.  This information was provided by the NRA.  I happen to live in New York State and especially in this states financial crisis this is a colossal waste of money.  Hopefully any other State or the Federal Gov't will look at this model and re-think before they spend.

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:32 am

The only mention made in the initial post to this thread about hand loading was that even hand loaded ammo would have to be disposed of by the effective date.

What would this mean to hand loading in general? I`d guess handloading equipment would no longer be sold. There`d be no way big brother could ensure hand loaded rounds would be encoded, so no equipment or components would likely be available.

We are at the beginning of a terribly dark period.

dmcianfa

Postby dmcianfa » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:53 am

ORIGINAL: hunter480

The only mention made in the initial post to this thread about hand loading was that even hand loaded ammo would have to be disposed of by the effective date.

What would this mean to hand loading in general? I`d guess handloading equipment would no longer be sold. There`d be no way big brother could ensure hand loaded rounds would be encoded, so no equipment or components would likely be available.

Not only would it not be sold anymore along with the items that go along with reloading, but I'm guessing that if your caught with the equipment it would be deemed subsequently "against the law", if a bill like this were to be passed.  So, get ready to throw another hobby away!
"I enjoy and become completely immersed in the challenge and the increased opportunity to become for a time a part of nature. Deer hunting is a classical exercise in freedom. It�s a return to fundamentals that I distinctly feel are basic and right"-F.B.

dmcianfa

Postby dmcianfa » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:58 am

ORIGINAL: beagleman23

A handgun data base of fired brass for new pistols sold has been in effect for several years in New York State.  So far it has cost the tax payers slightly over 7 million dollars and its annual cost is around one million.  There has been numerous inquires by Law Enforcement and only 'two hits' which have not resulted in any action.  This information was provided by the NRA.  I happen to live in New York State and especially in this states financial crisis this is a colossal waste of money.  Hopefully any other State or the Federal Gov't will look at this model and re-think before they spend.

I don't believe "goverment" and "re-think or think" can go together in the same sentence.  Especially in a state where Hillary leaves her mark.[;)]  Another waste to the American taxpayer.  The fleecing of America I think it's called!
"I enjoy and become completely immersed in the challenge and the increased opportunity to become for a time a part of nature. Deer hunting is a classical exercise in freedom. It�s a return to fundamentals that I distinctly feel are basic and right"-F.B.

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:43 am

ORIGINAL: hunter480

Essentially hand loading would become illegal or so restrictive as to make it impractical.

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:46 pm

The coding issue isn't new. I remember Coleman Young (ex-Detroit mayor) wanted to do that years ago. But now with 1tb hard drives for under $100 and technically capable to do it, these non-shooting lawmakers are gonna really push for it. 

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:17 pm

Most of these bills hopefully were submitted to late in the session to pass..
Wheat is harvested, Animals are killed...

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:39 am

ORIGINAL: gutpile

Most of these bills hopefully were submitted to late in the session to pass..

In alot of the States these bills were laughed out of committee. That doesn't mean they wont be reintroduced.

PreviousNext

Return to Breaking News