PETA Calls For Ban On Under 18 Hunting

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Woods Walker

PETA Calls For Ban On Under 18 Hunting

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:53 pm

U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance
801 Kingsmill Parkway, Columbus, OH 43229
Ph. 614/888-4868 • Fax 614/888-0326
[/align]FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE             Contact: Greg R. Lawson (614) 888-4868 ext. 214
November 13, 2008                                    Sharon Hayden (614) 888-4868 ext. 226
PETA Calls for "Under-18" Hunting Ban  
Letter to Arizona Governor Exploits Tragedy

(Columbus, Ohio) – The U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance (USSA) decries the most recent effort of the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) to ban hunting in Arizona.
On November 11, PETA sent a letter to the Governor of Arizona, Janet Napolitano, urging support of legislation that would ban hunting by anyone younger than 18. 
PETA is attempting to exploit recent November 5 news coverage of a tragedy in which an eight year-old boy allegedly shot and killed his father, Vincent Romero, and Timothy Romans with a .22-caliber rifle. The organization claims that the violent act was fomented by a recent family prairie dog hunting trip.
PETA told Gov. Napolitano that hunting teaches "children to see others as nothing more than living targets."
"PETA always uses the most distasteful tactics to make headlines. In this case it is exploiting a tragic situation to advance its anti-hunting agenda," said USSA Executive Vice President Rick Story. 
"There is no reason to believe that banning hunting for youth would have prevented this act", Story said. "A ban on hunting for those under 18 will prohibit thousands of law abiding, responsible sportsmen and their children from engaging in a time honored tradition", he said.
The U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance is a national association of sportsmen and sportsmen's organizations that protects the rights of hunters, anglers and trappers in the courts, legislatures, at the ballot, in Congress and through public education programs.  For more information about the U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance and its work, call (614) 888-4868 or visit its website, www.ussportsmen.org.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Big Buck Daddy

RE: PETA Calls For Ban On Under 18 Hunting

Postby Big Buck Daddy » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:22 pm

Once again, another attack from SPAH (Stupid People Against Hunting, what PETA should really refer to themselves as!!!)  Unreal.  Do they honestly think that the kid thought of his dad as "nothing more than living targets"?  Give me a break!!!!!  They can blame hunting but won't attack the Video Game industry?

They must be bored with all the cases of people treating animals unethically that's going on around the country!  HOLY COW!  They make me want to go out and buy another two or three doe tags!!!!!!!
You can do anything you want, but you'll eventually have to answer to THE MAN for it!

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:45 pm

nothing like exploiting a dead child to further your agenda..makes ya want to puke[:'(]
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:35 am

In a somewhat related vein.......this heaqdline appeared on Yahoo news-

"Animal rights group throws flour on fur-clad Lohan"

These folks are nuttier than fruit cakes people, and they`re as serious as the goons trying to take our gun rights away. Do not take them lightly.

passin through

Postby passin through » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:28 pm

Banning kids from hunting?  Wouldn't want to be the one to try and enforce it around here...it'd be like taking away St.Nick.  My nephew looks forward to opening day almost as much as christmas or his birthday.  He's only 4 but he goes with us as much as he can ( too much on occasion   DEER!  DEER! right over there!  loooooook![:D])  If they would have tried to ban me from hunting when i was 10-12?  OMG, they would have got voted off the island.[;)]  (Course I was a little heathen)

ReflexHunter

Postby ReflexHunter » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:00 pm

I would be willing to bet that most of those PETA people use products made from some sort of animal that died for it.  They probably have no clue either.  If they really want to do somthing "good" they should feed the homeless or somthing like that.  These people sound like idiots with money that want to take away ethical and responsible fun.  I will continue to do what my ancestors did, and the reason we are here today, hunt and eat the amazing animals God put here.  Hunters most of the time have just as much respect for the animals they harvest as the people who try to take away our God given right.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:58 pm

i wonder how those peta people get around.it must be hard to see with your head so far up your a$$[&:]
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

AfterShock95

Postby AfterShock95 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:36 pm

what peta will not tell you is that the 8 year killed his dad and friend was murder and not a hunting accident

Squirrelhawker

Postby Squirrelhawker » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:56 am

Another thing we have to remember is that orgs like PETA are not after what they say they're after. It's not about animal rights. It's about power and money. In reality, most of the people high up in those orgs could care less about animals. They'll just never admit it.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:59 am

ORIGINAL: Squirrelhawker

Another thing we have to remember is that orgs like PETA are not after what they say they're after.

Yep. They have an agenda and know how to use it.

They know that exposing children to firearms and hunting at a young age greatly increases that child's drive to be a future hunter. The older the child is exposed the least likely they will hunt (and fish).

They will stop at nothing to achieve their goals. If they get one city, county state, to adopt some insane restriction it will only increase their chance's by setting precedence.

We must remain united!
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Next

Return to Breaking News