PETA Calls For Ban On Under 18 Hunting

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
OUTDOOR JUNKY

RE: PETA Calls For Ban On Under 18 Hunting

Postby OUTDOOR JUNKY » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:46 pm

We need to stand strong against these attacks.  PETA twist facts and we need to stand up to these attacks.

Hunting for our youth gives them skills and helps them be better stuwards of the land and animals they harvest.  The more time they have in the field makes them safer hunters.  They not only learn how to shot thier weapon of choice, but they learn how to get from point A to point B.

Hunting allowed me to travel with confidence.  I've been able to harvest big game in several states in different terrains.  Each trip has tought me something and has made me a better person as well as a better hunter. 

Young hunters need to learn the edicute that come with hunting.  Hunting can be done solo, but for many of us it's a social event.  We learn what is legal, and then we learn what is acceptable by each group we hunt with.  We learn to allow others a chance at game and learn to tell those wild tales that one only tell fellow hunters.

We've leaned that getting kids started young in sports like football, basket ball, and even swimming makes them better athiletes.  The same is true for young people who enjoy hunting.   The more they experence it the better they become.  They learn leasons for mistakes they make, like not watching the wind, to understanding how to read an amimals behavior.  These leasons have to be learned in the feild.

Hunting is and has been a possitive thing for generations.  We not only help control animal numbers, we help put food on the table.  We have stepped out of the spectators of life and have become part of nature.  We're no longer on the bench, we're on the field living life.

PETA is one of those organizations that is focused on the negative and the unnatural.  Hunters are possitive enjoying early mornings and being part of the cycle of life, which is natural.  PETA is a packaged way of life, while hunting allows us to step out of the confinds of society and be part of the process of putting food on the table.  PETA is irrational with its beliefs, while hunters relize that it is rational to persue game and learn about animals in their natural state, then how to turn that animal into something to consume.

Hunters don't turn tragedies into political pressure.... 

hilltop

Postby hilltop » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:14 am

I believe many of the murders/killings by young people at schools and other social events actually may not have happened if those young people had been exposed to hunting. There are lessons taught us by our elders thru hunting, of moral and ethical standards, that may not be taught by any other means. If those children had been exposed to death as is associated with hunting and realize their responsibilities in the taking of life, even if it were animals, may have given them the understanding to prevent the taking of human life. I realize this would not be true in all cases but if it would prevent ONE death, would it be worth it ? [8|]

My opinion for what it's worth

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:24 am

I agree with hilltop on this.  By taking kids hunting you teach them the basics of safety and of life and death as a result of a firearm.  Trying to blame hunting because some 8 year old comitted murder is just a way for PETA to attack hunters.  Like Big Buck Daddy said, they should be SPAH (Stupid People Against Hunting). 

Mossberg535

Postby Mossberg535 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:17 pm

I cant believe these people get enough support to keep doing all this garbage. Peaople Eating Tasty Animals

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:02 pm

I have to agree with you hilltop I also believe it comes down to some bad parenting I have 4 children and you can bet they will no right from wrong. I have already taken my 2 oldest boys hunting with me for 2 seasons now they are 6 and 4 both love every second of it.. I have exposed them to guns and have even let them shoot them. I have cleaned my guns shot my guns infront of them and answered every question they have and anybody with young kids knows thats a lot of questions.

I am also very strict and stern with them in letting them know that guns can hurt people if handled improperly, I also let them know they are not to ever touch them if they find one sitting around in our house or in one of their friends house.

The other thing is my guns are always kept in a locked cabinet so if they ever get the idea to try and pull one out when dad is not looking they cant the ammo is stored sepeartly aswell..

Previous

Return to Breaking News