Here He Comes, Gang...HOLD ON!!!!

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
howhill1

RE: Here He Comes, Gang...HOLD ON!!!!

Postby howhill1 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:32 am

the demoncraps are currently two senate seats away from a fillibuster proof majority!!!!!!
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:50 am

ORIGINAL: 8uck5nort

In a world of lies and deciet here is some undeniable truths.

1. Nothing is ever permanent in politcs. Obama bin Biden can outlaw this and that and get their way temporarily, but all things can be overturned. Get out and vote.

2. Join any kind of hunting, gun, sportsman organization you can afford. There is strength in numbers.

3. The first thing a hostile regime does is disrarm its opposition. History is littered with this.

4. They can have my guns when they can pry it from my cold dead fingers. Nough said.

While I agree with the spirit of your post, I have to say that you are WRONG about #1.

Are you aware of the recent HELLER decision in the Supreme Court? I don't think that you are. That was a case where the issue was whether Americans had the INDIVIDUAL right to keep and bear arms, as opposed to it being a collective right.

It was found to be an individual right, which is the CORNERSTONE of ANY of our Constitutional rights. If you don't have that, then you simply don't have the right...period.

It was decided in favor of being an individual right by ONE VOTE. One vote. One vote the other way would have resulted in any level of government, from the U.S legislature to the Mayor of a town with 3 people in it, and any single elected individual being able to deny you YOUR right to own ANY gun, at ANY time, and under whatever conditions they
"give" you. Your right to own a gun would now be solely up to them.

Obama will be selecting in his first four years most likely at least ONE Supreme Court judge. With the majority that he has in the House and Senate he WILL get his pick. You can bet everything that you own, that the person he selects will NOT be one who will find for an individual right. The case will come up again (most likey by Chicago's Mayor Daley, who has vowed to fight for his 20 year old Chicago gun BAN in the Supreme Court...he's just waiting for Obama to stck the court in his favor), and this time we WILL LOSE. If Obama gets another term, and get to select more judges, then it will be permanent.

This is NOT "politics as usual". This is for keeps. We are on the verge of some very far reaching and profound changes in what this country is, and how it operates will be.

One thing's for sure......on January 19 2009, take a good look around at the America that you've always known, because starting on January 20, 2009, it will cease to exist.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

8uck5nort

Postby 8uck5nort » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:08 am

ORIGINAL: Woods Walker

1. Nothing is ever permanent in politcs. Obama bin Biden can outlaw this and that and get their way temporarily, but all things can be overturned. Get out and vote.

2. Join any kind of hunting, gun, sportsman organization you can afford. There is strength in numbers.

3. The first thing a hostile regime does is disrarm its opposition. History is littered with this.

4. They can have my guns when they can pry it from my cold dead fingers. Nough said.

While I agree with the spirit of your post, I have to say that you are WRONG about #1.

Are you aware of the recent HELLER decision in the Supreme Court? I don't think that you are. That was a case where the issue was whether Americans had the INDIVIDUAL right to keep and bear arms, as opposed to it being a collective right.

It was found to be an individual right, which is the CORNERSTONE of ANY of our Constitutional rights. If you don't have that, then you simply don't have the right...period.

It was decided in favor of being an individual right by ONE VOTE. One vote. One vote the other way would have resulted in any level of government, from the U.S legislature to the Mayor of a town with 3 people in it, and any single elected individual being able to deny you YOUR right to own ANY gun, at ANY time, and under whatever conditions they

Obama will be selecting in his first four years most likely at least ONE Supreme Court judge. With the majority that he has in the House and Senate he WILL get his pick. You can bet everything that you own, that the person he selects will NOT be one who will find for an individual right. The case will come up again (most likey by Chicago's Mayor Daley, who has vowed to fight for his 20 year old Chicago gun BAN in the Supreme Court...he's just waiting for Obama to stck the court in his favor), and this time we WILL LOSE. If Obama gets another term, and get to select more judges, then it will be permanent.

This is NOT "politics as usual". This is for keeps. We are on the verge of some very far reaching and profound changes in what this country is, and how it operates will be.

One thing's for sure......on January 19 2009, take a good look around at the America that you've always known, because starting on January 20, 2009, it will cease to exist.

I agree completely Woods Walker. I was in no way taking light of the situation. I just have to believe that as an American we can resolve even bad decisions (Like the amendment ushering in prohibition in the 30's) by using our voice, our one vote. If this can't be done then the America I love and volunteered to defend, in my mind, is slowly ceasing to exist.
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:58 am

I agree completely Woods Walker. I was in no way taking light of the situation. I just have to believe that as an American we can resolve even bad decisions (Like the amendment ushering in prohibition in the 30's) by using our voice, our one vote. If this can't be done then the America I love and volunteered to defend, in my mind, is slowly ceasing to exist.

I hear you. And I sincerely PRAY that I am WRONG on this.

But right now I'm not too optimistic..........[:(]
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

8uck5nort

Postby 8uck5nort » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:54 am

[quote]ORIGINAL: 8uck5nort

I hear you. And I sincerely PRAY that I am WRONG on this.

But right now I'm not too optimistic..........[:(]
[/quote]

Amen
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

FlDeerman

Postby FlDeerman » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:38 am

This will be an interesting four years.All we can do is vote.

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:14 pm

ORIGINAL: FlDeerman

This will be an interesting four years.All we can do is vote.

Wrong, all we can do is engage our elected officials and hammer them constantly that if one single gun control measure comes to a vote and passes they will be seeking unemployment line space.

The AWB will be the first bill acted on and will probably happen by May at the latest, if not before the end of February.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:45 am

Highlander is dead on here. We need to be on the OFFENSIVE here.  That's means voting, of course, but that should be a given anyway.

What we all need to do is to put your elected officials on your speed-dail, and on your "favorites" e-mail lists, and become a living, breathing royal PAIN IN THE A** to them on these issues, and encourage your friends and family to do the same!

If you DON'T know who your State and Federal Representatives and Senators are, then FIND OUT RIGHT NOW. That would be step #1. Talking here and on similar forums is great, but we need to extend WAAAAAAAAY beyond this.

STAY INFORMED, as the majority of elected officials (of both parties) are basically sleaze bags who will bow to any pressure and will take the path of least resistance. We need to be the rocks and gullies in that path when it comes to 2A and hunting rights issues.

By the time the SOB's come up for re-election, the damage may have already have been done, like with the first SCOTUS appointment Bamboozle-em will make.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

Previous

Return to Breaking News