Michigan Bans Baiting & Feeding

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
lemmondeer

RE: Michigan Bans Baiting & Feeding

Postby lemmondeer » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:50 am

Okay first of all, not alot of bucks come to bait.  The majority of the time the baiting is for the does.  On state land you are lucky to draw a doe tag.  So let me tell you that sitting over bait is too SEE deer with the kids...I mean how often to shooter bucks come to bait. I think you need to do whatever it takes to get kids involved in hunting, they are the future of wildlife conservation...not yourself!  Have you ever seen the joy in an 8 year-old's face when he sees a deer coming in.  Very rarely are they animals you would take, but your kid is seeing them, and up close...this is what instills the joy of hunting.  When you take an animal with them there too....then it is easy to get them hooked, but they have to see deer, and alot of them to keep their attention when they are young..  That is just the way it is!  We use bait for fish...Is that wrong too?   What about bears? 

lemmondeer

Postby lemmondeer » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:35 am

the Organic consumers association states that

"Transmission of CWD was likely encouraged by "canned hunts," where fences and a high concentration of animals ensure a shooter's success."[left]So what about that.  I think that deer hunting farms should be stopped to0 then, and all of you hunters that hunt on outfitter properties where this occurs should have to hunt difficult state land like the rest of us...let's then see how much of a "great white hunter" you are knocking every other hunter.  Lets see the pictures of your trophies to see if they are "pet" deer or wild deer![/left]

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:36 pm

ORIGINAL: dmcianfa

ORIGINAL: gutpile

ORIGINAL: dmcianfa

If a deer is infected with CWD and is a buck that deer will travel and come into contact with most deer in the area in his pursuit for a doe. and the does will get it and spread it to the other deer, so if CWD is in an area would baiting spread it more?
[/quote

Yes, and if you think baiting will not spread the disease more rapidly and expose deer in higher concentrations then you are flat out ignorant because baiting, as everyone here knows, concentrates deer in a small area thereby increasing the risk of communicable diseases.  Browsing is much different than "trough" feeding.  I hope you can see that!

my ignorance blinds me from seeing anything. But I do not see baiting drawing deer in from afar. maybe I am wrong and the deer will travel many hundreds of  miles after getting a wiff of bait.. Or it will just draw in the ones in the immediate area..

That is the most ridiculous thought I've ever heard in my life concerning the CWD and the travel of deer.  What your saying is baiting is ok for CWD because it only feeds the deer in your immediate area.  WTF.  I've read articles of deer travelling 60-80 miles to winter, do you not think they will travel 10 miles to another bait pile and infect that areas deer as well, and then those deer travel another 10 miles to another bait pile, and on and on and on.  Somebody tell this guy to wake up and smell the coffee or at least how far off he is besides me, please, because I am losing my patience with the narrow mindedness!

I cant wake up, I am now to ignorant, narrow minded, and might I add a bad parent..anymore.
Wheat is harvested, Animals are killed...

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:28 pm

I am still waiting to be told how far off base I am, please help my narrow ignorant bad parenting mind to be changed..
Wheat is harvested, Animals are killed...

Previous

Return to Breaking News