Michigan DNR to ban lead bulletts next?

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
mag30079

RE: Michigan DNR to ban lead bulletts next?

Postby mag30079 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:29 am

Ok its not a bad idea, tungsten or copper work well.

I'm just wondering if the rest of the United States thinks Michigan is nuts. [:D]
There seem to be alot of news from Michigan

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:47 am

LOL mags I agree.. Im sure everyone thinks were a little strange.. I guess the dnr here doesnt mind the drama they start
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Paul T.

Postby Paul T. » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:07 am

Enough is enough!
I don't not need a Big Brother looking down my back or my throat.
I have just about had enough of these morons telling me what I can and can't do.  If we were selling venison for human consumption I could see regulating how we harvest such animals.  i.e. you don't know what your buying.  BUT , we harvest and we consume. A no brainer. 
Michigans Thumb!!!

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:08 am

Michigan is the target for these stupid ideas because of the dove referendum. They found a weak point and now will exploit it to its maximum potential.

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:35 pm

ORIGINAL: Highlander Archery

Michigan is the target for these stupid ideas because of the dove referendum. They found a weak point and now will exploit it to its maximum potential.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I forgot about the damn dove bill.

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:57 pm

ORIGINAL: mag30079

ORIGINAL: Highlander Archery

I think you hit the nail on the head. I forgot about the damn dove bill.

Anti Hunters do not care what you use, what you do, what you believe. They care that the majority of Non hunting America gets the wrong idea. They want wildlife issues put on the ballot instead of decided by the scientists. They will use the divisions within our ranks to enforce their efforts and agenda.

Also of note is that both the anti gun and anti hunt crowds work together to get both agendas through. There is no reason for guns if there is no hunting and there is no reason for hunting if there are no guns is the reasoning behind this.

I don't care what the issue is; crossbows, EBRs, Sunday hunting, Doves, Trapping, you are on their target list and they will get to you, using whatever divisions they can find. Once they win on one, they also know that there will be no more incentive for you to support me, because I did not support you. Eventually, you will stand alone if things do not change now.

Migratory bird hunting in the United States can be ended by a Sec of the Interior telling a President that it needs to end and the President agreeing. If you don't believe me, google the Migratory Bird Treaty.

jci63

Postby jci63 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:22 am

Passed in California

"Last year California became the first state to pass a law prohibiting hunters from using lead ammunition within the condor's 2,385-square-mile range. Lead is banned for shooting big game, such as deer, antelope, bear and non-game species, such as feral pigs and coyotes. Smaller game, such as birds and rabbits, can still be killed with lead bullets."

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/aug/09/local/me-condors9

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:42 am

Learn it and know it, cause they will do the same to you. The lead in venison issue is part and parcel to this effort. Odd that the doctor who found it is a BOD member of the Peregrine Fund 

Archery_NUT

Postby Archery_NUT » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:06 pm

gee ya think so
i am from michigan and i think that the dnr are loco. i read one of the articles from one of u guys about a man being fined for a truck load of beets but yet the dnr didnt make him pick them up.
crazy huh!!!! crock of crap i think[:@]
bad day of hunting beats a good day of school or work anytime

Previous

Return to Breaking News