Michigan Hunter files Petition to Supreme Court

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Robert Rowland

RE: Michigan Hunter files Petition to Supreme Court

Postby Robert Rowland » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:37 pm

The DNR people said the deer stained its hide by rubbing and peeing on its legs while scaping, but they did not explain how the eyes got pigmented or how it lost 2 years of age. 
 They guy should have gone after the papers that printed the BS.

jci63

Postby jci63 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:40 am

ReflexHunter

Postby ReflexHunter » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:41 am

Sounds to me like a completely legal harvest.  I would like to ask the people who refered to this animal as their "Pet" if they legally licensed the deer like a deer farmer would have to do.  Since it was not a deer that was owned by anyone I would say it is fair game.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:15 am

seems like he's hurting financially,maybe D&DH should look into this case and if its legit hold some sort of fundraiser for this guy.Im hesitant to send money until i know its a legit story
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Smoothbore

Postby Smoothbore » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:23 am

The thing I don't understand is why is it bad to kill an albino? This is a genetic defect and needs to be taken out of the population for the betterment of the herd. It only makes sense to change this law. If this story is legit I hope they do set up a fund I would contribute. Good luck to this guy.

jci63

Postby jci63 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:07 am

Just google John Ingersoll Piebald the story is legit.

Any questions, he did leave his cell number, call the guy.

231-330-0887

jci63

Postby jci63 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:16 am

Here's the information about the location of the pet deer. The deer got smucked in Alanson on M-68 on Friday, October 19, 2007 around 11:00 by a vehicle.

Gafrage

Postby Gafrage » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:20 am

I feel sorry for the guy, for getting all of this harassment.  Seriously, some people need to get a clue.  First of all, if they were so sure that the deer did not have any brown on it at all, then if this deer had brown on it, it's not "their" deer.  I could easily tell my dog apart from her siblings, which are all the same color.  Just by looking at a few things.  So I'm not gonna buy any of that business.  Not only is the deer inferior with it's genetics like mentioned above.  It's a wild animal. 

I wonder now, that the deer that was their pet which was killed by a car if they are going to apologize to this hunter (if that is indeed the same deer as the "pet")?  Probably not.  The damage is done, there is really nothing this guy can do.  There are so many topics like this where people don't know the facts, and let emotions get in the way of their thinking.  They are around other people who have the same struggles, and it only amplifies the situation.  Yet, they still do not know the truth, until the proof is right in front of them.  Sure, I might be making a bit of a political analysis here, but it remains true.  Too many people think with the wrong head, or are lead to believe that if they follow their heart, they will succeed.

My heart says that I deserve to get a lot of money.  My head tells me I'll only get there if I do it myself, and put in the time.

This whole article just makes me mad.  Also, like mentioned above, did these people get fined for baiting over the winter?  Regardless of their deer coming back or not.  There are lots of things that could have happened, but hard evidence can't be overlooked.  It appears it has in this situation.  Good luck John, hope things work out for you.

dmcianfa

Postby dmcianfa » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:21 am

ORIGINAL: Robert Rowland

The DNR people said the deer stained its hide by rubbing and peeing on its legs while scaping, but they did not explain how the eyes got pigmented or how it lost 2 years of age. 
They guy should have gone after the papers that printed the BS.

Here here,

I agree it states the stains, but they never investigated the pupil pigment portion to verify it nor the deer's age to cooberate one side of the story or the other.  The DNR should be ashamed if they did not pursue this in their course of investigating the deer.  Now they are retracting the original statement that it was a piebald and now it switched after he shot it, cmon, what a load of bull.  Those conservation folks (DNR officers) should be fired at the very least and be subjected to the same amount and type of harassment as the gentlemen that took this COMPLETELY LEGAL HARVEST for their ineptness and complete lies.  Absurd is the word that comes to mind when I read this.  Something is missing from this and I'm getting a faint fishy aroma coming from this story!  Once again people not being held accountable for their actions.  Happens too often in this country and state! [:'(][:@][:'(][:@][:'(][:@]
"I enjoy and become completely immersed in the challenge and the increased opportunity to become for a time a part of nature. Deer hunting is a classical exercise in freedom. It�s a return to fundamentals that I distinctly feel are basic and right"-F.B.

jci63

Postby jci63 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:44 pm

You can read about the wonderful Michigan DNR here, with documents and pictures-

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2724486&mpage=1

"DNR Retired Lt. Jeffery Gaither, Sgt. Greg Drogowski and Officer Michael Feagan were investigated by the State of Michigan Attorney Generals Criminal Division, the Michigan State Police, the Otsego County Prosecutor, Cheboygan County Prosecutor and the U.S. Federal Attorneys Office for perjury, obstruction of justice and violation of ones Constitutional Rights. The DNR Officers were exonerated from any wrongdoing by all agencies."

Ooh yea, Ingersoll took on the DNR too! Any questions feel free to ask, nothing to hide.....

PreviousNext

Return to Breaking News