Is this the Field and Stream Monster Buck???

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
schlupis

RE: Is this the Field and Stream Monster Buck???

Postby schlupis » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:55 pm

Thanks Goose I think this buck taken in buffalo county will definatly take state honors and take the archery world record, easy..

Also I was reading the article in field and stream again and the guys who videoed the buck said they had video of him a 2 years ago as a 5.5 yr old the article said at the time they shot the video this year he was 7.5 yrs old...

Now the thing is dead and aged at 3.5 and they were way off on their aging of this deer, does that mean maybe there is a bigger one roaming around out there, or maybe this deers dad or grandad are still alive we can only hope..

trophyhunter1980

Postby trophyhunter1980 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:16 am

I think it is really hard to tell if it is the same buck, but either way a nice deer.
www.facebook.com/badappleoutdoors

NRA LIFE MEMBER

WHITETAILS UNLIMITED LIFE MEMBER

NORTH AMERICAN HUNTING CLUB LIFE MEMBER

BUCKSLAYER62

Postby BUCKSLAYER62 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:53 am

This is a great deer however I will go on record as saying it will not be a world record.  It is certianly a world class buck.  There are too many abnormal points for it to score over 200 as a typical. The main frame is 11 points of which 10 will figure in to the net score.  the last point on the right main beam appears to be abnormal.  It is not growing from the top of the beam.  There will be much dicussion about the positioning of the points and the obvious common base points on the right beam and it looks like more of the same on the left beam.  It is really a big non-typical.  It surely will not come close to the non-typical world record of 294.  The basic frame looks to be a little over 200 inches gross.  It looks like there are over 30 inches of abnormal points. 

I'll eat crow if I'm wrong but the gross non-typical score looks to be around  235-240.  As a typical it looks to be around 175.

WHITETAIL MANIAC

Previous

Return to Breaking News