Ohio Man Convicted of 17 Wildlife Violations

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
FFKEVIN

Ohio Man Convicted of 17 Wildlife Violations

Postby FFKEVIN » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:58 am

[font=tahoma]9/26/2008 - COLUMBUS, OH – Donald B. Reed, 49, of Reynoldsburg, has been convicted of 17 misdemeanor wildlife violations in connection to the illegal harvest and possession of a prize-winning trophy deer, according to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) Division of Wildlife.[/font]
[font=tahoma][/font] 
[font=tahoma]Three additional individuals were charged and convicted in the same case.[/font]
[font=tahoma][/font] 
[font=tahoma][color=#0000ff]For the complete article click here - [/font][font=tahoma]http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/News/NewsReleaseArchives/tabid/19075/EntryID/706/Default.aspx[/font][font=tahoma] [/font][/color]
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

JOEL

RE: Ohio Man Convicted of 17 Wildlife Violations

Postby JOEL » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:29 pm

well thats 14 over the 3 strikes yer out policy,hang em
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:57 pm

Give him the death! Im tired of people like him!
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:26 am

Well perhaps I should send that to the"Great Wht Hunter"....and a guy We know from Castile....also all the other guys around here shooting smaller bucks on their wives tags and then waiting for the big boy to fill their own.

When I went...many a year ago....to take my safety courses ...I was in a room filled with woman...and the only one that knew how to shoot a gun....they were all there for their hubbies "extra" tag and the instructors knew it........ 

NYarcher

Postby NYarcher » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:07 am

I have a family member like that and it drives me [email=f@#$%]f@#$%[/email] nuts! My father taught me to use your own tags, follow the rules/laws and respect other hunters in the woods. Isnt that part of what fair chase is all about? Its always a few that give all a bad rep.
Venison - the other red meat

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:54 pm

ORIGINAL: msbadger

Well perhaps I should send that to the"Great Wht Hunter"....and a guy We know from Castile....also all the other guys around here shooting smaller bucks on their wives tags and then waiting for the big boy to fill their own.

When I went...many a year ago....to take my safety courses ...I was in a room filled with woman...and the only one that knew how to shoot a gun....they were all there for their hubbies "extra" tag and the instructors knew it........ 
Sad, but true.
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

AfterShock95

Postby AfterShock95 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:09 pm

I hate guys like this. and body the kills an animal and only thats the head because all the want is the trophie

Archery_NUT

Postby Archery_NUT » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:30 pm

i am pretty sure that my neighboring hunter does this which sucks because i don't have much land to hunt on and he thinks if it is brown it is down. no second thought or let him go so hecan grow applies with him.
bad day of hunting beats a good day of school or work anytime

Return to Breaking News