Top 5 Ways to Observe National Hunting and Fishing Day

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Corey Graff

Top 5 Ways to Observe National Hunting and Fishing Day

Postby Corey Graff » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:15 am

One of the great annual traditions in the outdoors, National Hunting and Fishing Day, is set for this Saturday, Sept. 27.

For the past 37 years, the day has served as a public reminder that hunters and anglers are America's premier conservation supporters. Through licenses and excise taxes, they now generate $100,000 every 30 minutes for fish, wildlife and habitat programs -- benefiting all citizens who appreciate wild things and wild places.

Top 5 ways to observe National Hunting and Fishing Day 2008:

1. Introduce a newcomer to the outdoors.

2. Visit your sporting goods retailer, treat yourself to a new piece of hunting, fishing or shooting gear, then get outside and enjoy it.

3. Organize, volunteer or attend a National Hunting and Fishing Day celebration in your area. Many event listings are posted at www.nhfday.org

4. Remember those whose service to our country will prevent them from joining us afield this fall. Appreciate the freedoms that make hunting, fishing, shooting and conservation possible.

5. Log on to www.nhfday.org to learn more about the historic conservation leadership of hunters and anglers. Share the story with non-hunters! While online, enter to win a new ATV or bid on National Hunting and Fishing Day commemorative items.

Urged by the National Shooting Sports Foundation, formalized by Congress, proclaimed by every U.S. President since Richard M. Nixon, National Hunting and Fishing Day has an official home and national coordinator in Wonders of Wildlife.

JOEL

RE: Top 5 Ways to Observe National Hunting and Fishing Day

Postby JOEL » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:11 pm

I'll be hunting sunrise to sunset[:D]
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Panman1949

Postby Panman1949 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:31 am

Me too.  Its the opener. Pan
Be Aware, Bikes are Everywhere!!

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:48 am

I'll be at a soccer game in the morning but plan on going out for the afternoon hunt.  Good luck.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:15 pm

I can't get out in the woods that day, but I think {2. Visit your sporting goods retailer, treat yourself to a new piece of hunting, fishing or shooting gear, then get outside and enjoy it.} is a great backup for me
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:22 am

take my kids squirrel hunting
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

Return to Breaking News