PALIN PICKED AS MCCAIN'S VP!

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
ranwin33

RE: PALIN PICKED AS MCCAIN'S VP!

Postby ranwin33 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:16 am

ORIGINAL: JOEL

this was a smart move on his part he's gonna get a lot of the PO'd hillary voters now for sure.She 's a member of the NRA as well

You can't really believe that.  Hillary voters are VERY liberal, they would never vote for Palin, and how should I put this - her antedeluvian thinking.  I think that is a pretty accurate description I have heard.

But it pretty much points to the arrogance and ignorance of those running the Republican party thinking that women are so petty that such a trite tactic might actually work.  Pretty much also explains their thinking and feelings toward women I would imagine.

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:36 am

Found this article by Seth Grahame-Smith - while I realize it is satire I couldn't help but think it almost sounds like something you'd hear on Fox news, but taken seriously.

8 Reasons Sarah Palin is More Qualified than Barack Obama

Sarah Palin (sp?) has ignited the presidential race and fired up the GOP -- as evidenced by three women at the RNC who took the time to print the words "We," "Love," and "Sarah" on pieces of paper and tape them to the backs of their t-shirts. Sarah's even won the backing of the level-headed Rep. Michele Bachmann (R- MN) -- not exactly known for toeing the party line. Clearly, the liberal left realizes that it can't match this kind of unbridled enthusiasm for its candidate. So what are they doing? Attacking her character. Questioning her qualifications. Imagine a political group attacking an opponent because it can't win on the issues or the record. It's disgusting.

So let's set the record straight. Sarah Pahlen (sp?) is not only more qualified for the Oval Office than Barack Obama -- she might just be the most qualified political candidate in our nation's history:

1. Putting Country First - Her membership in the Alaska Independence Party proves that she's exactly the kind of leader America needs: the kind that will always put country first -- even if that country happens to be The Republic of Alaska. Obama claims he loves America -- but has he ever loved it enough to favor seceding from it? It's called tough love, Senator. Look into it.

2. Independence - Sarah hates indicted Senator Ted Stevens, but raised money for him. She hates the "bridge to nowhere," but supported it. She wants to shatter Hillary's glass ceiling, but wears t-shirts touting the size of her boobs. We're dealing with an innovative politician; one who refuses to be categorized. Obama may call himself the candidate of "change," but Sarah Pailen's (sp?) entire political life has been about saying one thing, and then doing another. Now that's "change we can believe in."

3. Family Values - This is someone who's not afraid to preach abstinence for your daughter, even though her own unmarried 17-year-old daughter is pregnant. This is someone who's not afraid to hop on a plane from Texas to Alaska while she's in premature labor. This is someone who's not afraid to hit the campaign trail with a 5-month-old special needs baby. That's what I call dedication to family. Obama, on the other hand? A Muslim.

4. Intellect - Yes, Sarah recently admitted that she didn't know exactly what it was the Vice President did. Yes, she wants creationism taught in public schools. Yes, she doesn't believe global warming is manmade. But I'd like to point out the fact that she wears glasses -- and that's not something dumb people generally do. Obama? No glasses.

5. Military Affairs - As Governor, Pollen (sp?) is authorized to deploy Alaska's National Guard in times of emergency. And while the Guard's Adjunct General admits that she plays no role in national defense, and isn't briefed on military exercises, the fact is -- she's been photographed holding a machine gun, while Obama has yet to wield so much as a .38 for the cameras. When it comes to keeping me safe, that's all I need to know.

6. Foreign Affairs - While Obama likes to take Middle East tours, meet with Europe's leaders, and brag about his running mate being the foreign policy voice of the Senate, he can't hold a candle to Palenn's (sp?) understanding of today's complex, dangerous world. Yes, Sarah admitted that she hadn't paid much attention to the war in Iraq, but she knew enough to rightly call it a "task from God." Yes, she's only left North America once in her life, but her experience as a local sportscaster gave her the ability to follow events as they unfold at lightning speed. And as Cindy McCain pointed out, while Barack Obama was sipping lattes in Cambridge Square, Sarah Pinkston (sp?) was staring down the barrel of Putin's Kalashnikov -- a one woman wall keeping America safe from invasion.

7. Restoring America's Image - Who better than a former beauty queen to add some new luster to America's battered image? Paylen (sp?) will take a proverbial can of Aqua Net to our nation's unruly hair, and apply liberal (no pun intended) amounts of blush to Lady Liberty's cheekbones. In a word, she'll dazzle the world with her charm and style. Even the most anti-Western extremists will melt when they see the People and Vanity Fair spreads of Sarah warming her fur-lined extremities over burning science textbooks. And how would Obama restore our leadership in the world? The question we should be asking is: why does he only have two children, while Sarah has at least twice that number? What does Senator Obama have against America's children?

8. Her Soul - In one 15-minute meeting, and one follow-up phone call, John McCain was able to determine that Sarah was more than his running mate -- she was his "soul mate." Not only that, but that she was more qualified to be a heartbeat away from the Oval Office than any Republican on earth. Yes, this is a testament to the power and quickness of McCain's decision making. But it's also a testament to the power of Sarah Payton's (sp?) soul. As a Muslim, it's not even clear that Obama has a soul.

So is Sarah Pillston (sp?) qualified to be Vice President? To be one bad biopsy away from being the most powerful human being on earth? To lead America back to prominence and prosperity, while keeping us safe from a world of ever-changing threats?

In her own words: "Yup...yup."

Seth Grahame-Smith

JPH

Postby JPH » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:59 pm

ORIGINAL: ranwin33

ORIGINAL: msbadger

religion has NO place in politics and politics has NO place in a womans womb.....looks like I'll be voting after all

Agreed - 100%

If that is true, that religion has no place in politics, than what are people of faith to do on election day? 

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:25 pm

ORIGINAL: JPH

ORIGINAL: msbadger

religion has NO place in politics and politics has NO place in a womans womb.....looks like I'll be voting after all

Agreed - 100%

If that is true, that religion has no place in politics, than what are people of faith to do on election day? 

Sounds like this election day they had better pray.[:)] 

Religion in politics, lets see - you get Iran, you get Afghanistan under the Taliban, Saudi Arabia, shoot, most of the middle east for that matter.  The Crusades during the middle ages, the Spanish Inquisition, the Salem witch trials, the conflict in Ireland, subjugation of women, intolerance for different religions.  Yes, that's what I want for the U.S. 

I kind of like the phrase "if there is a God, he would have more tolerance for atheism than he would for religion today."

Seriously, people of faith should vote for a candidate who most reflects the majority of their views - just as people who are not religious should vote for their candidate.  From that perspective religion and politics will never be seperate.  But religion itself has no place in the political process, the past should tell us that.  Political leadership should refrain from decision making based upon religious doctrine, and if they can't they should resign.

Here is a scary example:

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin told ministry students at her former church that the United States sent troops to fight in the Iraq war on a "task that is from God."

In an address last June, the Republican vice presidential candidate also urged ministry students to pray for a plan to build a $30 billion natural gas pipeline in the state, calling it "God's will."

She is one crazy person!

JPH

Postby JPH » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:14 pm

Sounds like this election day they had better pray.[:)] 

Religion in politics, lets see - you get Iran, you get Afghanistan under the Taliban, Saudi Arabia, shoot, most of the middle east for that matter.  The Crusades during the middle ages, the Spanish Inquisition, the Salem witch trials, the conflict in Ireland, subjugation of women, intolerance for different religions.  Yes, that's what I want for the U.S. 

I kind of like the phrase "if there is a God, he would have more tolerance for atheism than he would for religion today."

Seriously, people of faith should vote for a candidate who most reflects the majority of their views - just as people who are not religious should vote for their candidate.  From that perspective religion and politics will never be seperate.  But religion itself has no place in the political process, the past should tell us that.  Political leadership should refrain from decision making based upon religious doctrine, and if they can't they should resign.

The examples of Islamic states, the Crusades, the Inquisition, etc. are often cited as a case aginst religion. And rightly so! We have done a very poor job of living our faith through history.

However, we seem to stop short of applying the same standard to secularism. Hitler? Stalin? Mao? Pol Pot? Clearly, they point to the fact that the lack of religion in government does not make the population any safer.

In my opinion, the problem is not that we bring religion into our politics, but that we bring politics into our religion. Let me expalin. If I am to vote my faith, then I have to remember all of my faith, not just the parts that fit in neatly within a party platform. In other words, I must be Pro-Life and not just Pro-Birth. I must strive to respect and uphold ALL life. The life of the unborn, the life of the convicted criminal, the life of the immigrant, the life of the Iraqi. When we start confront those issues our flag waving begins to slow down a bit. Now our religion is about more than talking points. Our religion should force us to take a long hard look at what we are voting for.

I'm rambling and don't know if I am making any sense. I hope you get my point. I think that as people of faith, we must explore what our faith asks of us, and respond with all we have. And that includes our vote.

Robert Rowland

Postby Robert Rowland » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:01 pm

Unlike Cheney, When Palin shoots a lawyer he'll stay down!

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:23 pm

The examples of Islamic states, the Crusades, the Inquisition, etc. are often cited as a case aginst religion. And rightly so! We have done a very poor job of living our faith through history.

However, we seem to stop short of applying the same standard to secularism. Hitler? Stalin? Mao? Pol Pot? Clearly, they point to the fact that the lack of religion in government does not make the population any safer.

Good point - no argument there.  Although I reserve the right to at some later date revisit this.

In my opinion, the problem is not that we bring religion into our politics, but that we bring politics into our religion. Let me expalin. If I am to vote my faith, then I have to remember all of my faith, not just the parts that fit in neatly within a party platform. In other words, I must be Pro-Life and not just Pro-Birth. I must strive to respect and uphold ALL life. The life of the unborn, the life of the convicted criminal, the life of the immigrant, the life of the Iraqi. When we start confront those issues our flag waving begins to slow down a bit. Now our religion is about more than talking points. Our religion should force us to take a long hard look at what we are voting for.

I'm rambling and don't know if I am making any sense. I hope you get my point. I think that as people of faith, we must explore what our faith asks of us, and respond with all we have. And that includes our vote.

You're not rambling and I do think I understand your point.  But from that perspective, how can anyone truly vote their faith, as no single candidate is likely to follow in entirety another person's faith.  What I'm saying is that I would think when it comes to a person's faith, both candidates may meet parts of it.  In that instance, what do you do, vote for the candidate who is close on your big ticket items, or go with a candidate who has more of your beliefs than the other guy? 

But back to your original question, what is a person of faith to do on election day?  For that I have no answer, if I was a religious person I would probably be so disgusted with the political process and the lies and deciet that come from both parties I would not vote at all.

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:25 pm

ORIGINAL: Robert Rowland

Unlike Cheney, When Palin shoots a lawyer he'll stay down!

She has been photographed with a machine gun.[:D]

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:34 pm

my take on a few things.
1. anything that happens in this world good bad or indiferrent is gods will. if it wasnt it would be.

2. the death penalty and the christian faith, all murder is killing but
all killing is not murder.

this discussion could go on until judgement day and wed still be where we are. as was stated before. go to the polls vote your beliefs and well see come november.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

JPH

Postby JPH » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:34 pm

But from that perspective, how can anyone truly vote their faith, as no single candidate is likely to follow in entirety another person's faith.  What I'm saying is that I would think when it comes to a person's faith, both candidates may meet parts of it.  In that instance, what do you do, vote for the candidate who is close on your big ticket items, or go with a candidate who has more of your beliefs than the other guy? 

But back to your original question, what is a person of faith to do on election day?  For that I have no answer, if I was a religious person I would probably be so disgusted with the political process and the lies and deciet that come from both parties I would not vote at all.

I'll begin with the last highlighted point and work my way back.

I am religious and I have become sickned with the American political process. And I had until very recently planned to sit this one out.

In the end, I have chosen to vote baised on what you call the "big ticket items" and I will pray that this does not lead us deeper into the abyss.

But no, none of us can really say that we are voting our faith. The best we can do is say that we are trying to live it and participating the the Republic is a part of that. At least for now.

And by the way, you have not seen me come out for or against anyone.

PreviousNext

Return to Breaking News