PALIN PICKED AS MCCAIN'S VP!

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
JOEL

RE: PALIN PICKED AS MCCAIN'S VP!

Postby JOEL » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:36 am

yes i do believe this.many hillary supporters were saying they were going to vote for McCain after hillary got passed over.The fact that she is a woman and a mother cant hurt her chances amongst them .While they may differ on some policies she has  some things in common
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:38 pm

ORIGINAL: JOEL

yes i do believe this.many hillary supporters were saying they were going to vote for McCain after hillary got passed over.The fact that she is a woman and a mother cant hurt her chances amongst them .While they may differ on some policies she has  some things in common

I don't know, I think she makes McCain look like a liberal.  Seriously, this woman scares me - and if she scares me, she terrifies truly liberal people, and those would be the Hillary supporters.  They may have been willing to vote for McCain before, but I don't think so now.  I doubt there were many Hillary supporters who were voting for her simply because she was a woman. 

JPH

Postby JPH » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:34 am

ORIGINAL: ranwin33

I don't know, I think she makes McCain look like a liberal.  Seriously, this woman scares me - and if she scares me, she terrifies truly liberal people, and those would be the Hillary supporters.  They may have been willing to vote for McCain before, but I don't think so now.  I doubt there were many Hillary supporters who were voting for her simply because she was a woman. 

I think she scares liberals b/c they know she can beat them at their own game. She may not win over true liberals (except for McCain), but she can steal some of their loyal voters. Do you mean to tell us that there is not a signifigant block of female voters who are swayed by her? That's like saying that there are no black voters influenced by race when voting for Obama.

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:27 am

ORIGINAL: JPH

I think she scares liberals b/c they know she can beat them at their own game. She may not win over true liberals (except for McCain), but she can steal some of their loyal voters. Do you mean to tell us that there is not a signifigant block of female voters who are swayed by her? That's like saying that there are no black voters influenced by race when voting for Obama.

I mean to say that there is not a significant block of Hillary female voters who would be swayed.  I think I stated that pretty clearly.  Or liberal female voters for that matter.  Sarah Palin is just to the right of the Taliban when it comes to religious extremism, liberals won't vote for her. 

Not sure what liberal game you're referring to.  Slander, deceit, dishonesty, lying to further a political agenda, those would be the Karl Rove, Fox News, Bush Whitehouse, Conservative Republican, and now John McCain games.  I have no doubt she will be capable of those, we saw that in her speech.

JPH

Postby JPH » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:48 am

Slander, deceit, dishonesty, lying to further a political agenda, those would be the Karl Rove, Fox News, Bush Whitehouse, Conservative Republican, and now John McCain games. 

Agreed. That is why I am not out beating a drum for any of them.

Holy cow! I may be the most objective person in this discussion. That's a first!!!

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:59 am

Slander, deceit, dishonesty, lying to further a political agenda, those would be the Karl Rove, Fox News, Bush Whitehouse, Conservative Republican, and now John McCain games. 

Agreed. That is why I am not out beating a drum for any of them.

Holy cow! I may be the most objective person in this discussion. That's a first!!!

Yeah, I can get a little bent out of joint about these things - sorry about that.  Funny thing is 8 years ago in the primaries I was a HUGE McCain supporter.  I still don't think he'd be a bad president but Palin would take us into a holy war. IMO. 

I'm voting based on energy issues this year because I think that touches so many other things, economy, security, jobs, etc.

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:20 am

Not sure what liberal game you're referring to.  Slander, deceit, dishonesty, lying to further a political agenda, those would be the Karl Rove, Fox News, Bush Whitehouse, Conservative Republican, and now John McCain games.  I have no doubt she will be capable of those, we saw that in her speech.

You seriously believe all that drivel? Wow, YOU are whacked.

JPH

Postby JPH » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:32 pm

Look I like a lot of what I see in Sara Palin. In fact, my wife's aunt taught her kids in school and speaks highly of her as a person.

BUT....a) she is a politician, and b) she is meerly a conservative mascot for a liberal Republican.

Neither of these campaigns reflect my values. So as long as we have political threads running here, I reserve the right to toss out smart remarks from the cheap seats. But as cheap as they may be, my remarks will uphold the truth as I see it.

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:37 pm

ORIGINAL: hunter480

You seriously believe all that drivel? Wow, YOU are whacked.

Well I'm trying here to figure out who is calling me whacked.  The way the quote is set up it appears JPH, yet I can't find the original post.  However since the quote is in hunter480's post, I have to wonder if he just didn't screw up the quote feature.

So - if hunter480: that type of response is pretty much what I expect from a member of the radical right who has pretty much proven by previous posts he's dealing with some anger issues and social anxieties.  Can't come up with a rational response of substance, so just call a name.  If you don't believe the stuff about Fox News, Rove, etal, then you really should go back to reading your National Enquirer where you probably get the rest of your news. 

If JPH: C'mon, at least slam me with some thought behind it.

JPH

Postby JPH » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:46 pm

Well I'm trying here to figure out who is calling me whacked.  The way the quote is set up it appears JPH, yet I can't find the original post.  However since the quote is in hunter480's post, I have to wonder if he just didn't screw up the quote feature.

So - if hunter480: that type of response is pretty much what I expect from a member of the radical right who has pretty much proven by previous posts he's dealing with some anger issues and social anxieties.  Can't come up with a rational response of substance, so just call a name.  If you don't believe the stuff about Fox News, Rove, etal, then you really should go back to reading your National Enquirer where you probably get the rest of your news. 

If JPH: C'mon, at least slam me with some thought behind it.

Wait a minute! I thought Hunter480 was calling me "wacked". That was what I was replying to in my last post. It's like a bar fight in a bad movie!

Oh well, that's what I get for poking at both sides.

And I would have slamed you with more thought.....Dooty Head!

PreviousNext

Return to Breaking News