Louisiana OKs use of CVA Rifle

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Corey Graff

Louisiana OKs use of CVA Rifle

Postby Corey Graff » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:57 am

The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries officially approved the CVA Optima Elite for use during the 2008-09 primitive weapons season.

The Optima Elite will be available in the approved .45-70 Government caliber in either the fully-interchangeable configuration or as a fixed barrel rifle.

The Optima Elite Rifle will also be available in a variety of stock and barrel finishes all of which come standard with a Premium Bergara Barrel that guarantees superior accuracy compared to any other approved primitive weapon on the market today.

Dudley McGarity, CEO of CVA's parent company, is very pleased with the game commission's decision, stating that "We are looking forward to making the Optima Elite available to Louisiana's hunters for use during the State's primitive weapons season." McGarity goes on to say, "CVA appreciates the game commission's thoughtful consideration of the Optima Elite and its approval of our rifle for use. We are looking forward to offering even more antique caliber choices to Louisiana hunters in the near future."

passin through

RE: Louisiana OKs use of CVA Rifle

Postby passin through » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:20 am

[sm=rolleyes.gif] Of Course ol' Didley is pleased!  Wouldn't want all them other gun companies snarfing up all the profits!  I can hear em' now  "but you guys prooomised i could play too!"  "oh --all I have to do is contribute where?" "oh boy oh boy now I can play too!"
then next year we'll hear  "  Hey what about the 30-06?  Its a hunert years old, bet them cajuns would love to get in touch with thier roots and tote that jin-u-eyne antique up the bayou"  This will be followed by much laughter the tinkle of ice in glasses and much seegar smoke.

Ya just gotta love Capitalism and lobbyesting types[:-]

Welcome to Bayou country!

Return to Breaking News