Hunting Video by Godaddy CEO

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
scotman

RE: Hunting Video by Godaddy CEO

Postby scotman » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:18 pm

I think the big deal is many channels like the Animal Planet hold the attention of millions of viewers. They perpetuate this idea of how it is cruel if an animal dies by any other hand than the hand of mother nature. Many of those shows e.g. chimp eden for example think it is just fine to touch and cuddle wild animals. This whole idea of stewardship has morphed into cuddling and taking care of animals when it should be about a scientific approach. You even see it within the hunting community, the idea that feeding wildlife is somehow ok, because heaven forbid they will die because of the harsh environment (errr... those same harsh winters they have been surviving millions of years before we showed up).

But either way I think the video is not a great promotional piece for hunters. I mean we have laws here against shooting animals after dark.
"The deerskin rug on our study floor, the buck's head over the fireplace, what are these after all but the keys which have unlocked enchanted doors, and granted us not only health and vigor, but a fresh and fairer vision of existence" -Paul. Brandreth

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:45 pm

I loved it. In fact, I don't know what a "Godaddy" is (God's email address??), but I sure as heck want to buy one now just to support this guy!!! Maybe I'll even buy TWO!![:)]
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

John1961

Postby John1961 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:18 pm

I'm a no body, a regular guy. I killed a deer last year for meat. The Go Daddy guy killed an elephant on camera. Whats the difference?  Oh wait He Has A Big Name. BFD.
John
U.S. Army Retired and Proud American
Black Water Hunting Club
" BUY AMERICAN "

Joe G.

Postby Joe G. » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:00 pm

Good for him! He fed a village for a day with the elephant and longer by saving the crops. PETA is a USELESS organization. Who cares what they have to say? Me, I couldn't care less! Kudos Godaddy guy.
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

NRA Benefactor Member
NAHC Life Member

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:02 pm

Question......

Just wotinell is a "Godaddy"????
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:13 am

ORIGINAL: Woods Walker

Question......

Just wotinell is a "Godaddy"????

Woods GoDaddy is a domain name registration site. If you want a particular website address they'll sell the domain name (website address) to you and register it and then you can build and design your website for all the world to see!

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:42 am

THANKS!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:57 pm

Great video, I wouldnt like hunting them at night like that. I dont see anything wrong with what was done. That one animal fed a LOT of people, but not everyone. I cant see one thing wrong with what took place.. There was more good to come out of this.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Tue May 03, 2011 10:41 am

ORIGINAL: Joe G.

Good for him! He fed a village for a day with the elephant and longer by saving the crops. PETA is a USELESS organization. Who cares what they have to say? .

Them and other "conservation" orgs are VERY powerful and have influence on what and where we hunt and fish.
Even though we all know PETA is truly full of nutcases, they appeal to the sensitive people out there. The touchy feely people who  send their $$$ to those nutjobs (and others; HSUS is another, actually the list is huge and the amount of $$$$$ is immense).Only way we can win is stay educated and educate others to not be duped by their practices.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Previous

Return to Breaking News