PA wildlife officer killed in the line of duty last night

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
CB on the run

RE: PA wildlife officer killed in the line of duty last night

Postby CB on the run » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:27 pm

Prayers from NY for the fallen hero and his family.

CB

Country Hunter

Postby Country Hunter » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:30 am

This is a very sad story indeed, but I wont to change the scneario a bit I was in the stand Wed. evening for a much needed break. I was hunting a good buck in Middle Tennessee, the largest buck that I have ever seen in my home county (Cannon), dead or alive, when about 5 mins. to 5, still barely safe shooting light, here comes a man walking along a fence (hot crossing). It was our new young game warden, wearing no orange. If it had been a new inexperienced hunter he probably would have been shot. I know it's different from this post, but dead is dead. I have thought about reporting him to his superiors. What do you think?

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:52 am

Game Wardens should be held to account based on the same standards applied to everyone else. I found a little tid bit in the PA Game Law code that was very disturbing... IF an authorized recipient of your personal information misuses that information(ID theft, selling it, etc) they are guilty of a summary offense, not even a misdemeanor. If you or I misused that info we surely would be facing at least misdemeanor 2 or even a felony charge.

If Orange is required apparel then ALL should be in orange IT IS THE LAW. 

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:19 am

Prayers from Michigan go out for the fallen hero and his family as well.

Country Hunter- All regulations aside, anyone who enters the firearms deer woods without orange on is taking a serious gamble with their safety. I lost an Uncle to an accidental shooting/ hunting accident back in the 70s before hunter orange was readily available and required, so my family experienced the tragedy first hand.

I saw an idiot "jogging" through the woods last year with two dogs, one brown and one white, on the third day of firearm season half an hour before dark. He was wearing black from head to toe, and had not a speck of any color on, and was tresspassing...well off of his property. I saw the running brown dog first and had actually picked up my shotgun, before unbelievably, I realized what I was seeing. Safety is no accident and you can stack the odds in your favor by using your brain and wearing orange. Period.
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it."
Teddy Roosevelt

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:37 am

That's pretty sad.  Thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of the CO.  Pretty disgusting on why someone would do this.
QDM!

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:03 am

The November 2010 issue of Pennsylvania Game News had an article by slain officer David Grove about one incident involving poached deer: A Shot in the Dark.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

locoman1951

Postby locoman1951 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:16 pm

People this does not only happen to wildlife officers in the field , I had a run in with drug growers a couple years a go and they were not very friendly , matter a fact they were very hatefull and mean ..... What they did not know was I had my hand on a 45 with 15 rounds of hollow points in my chest pack pointed at them the hole time .. I hope this never happens to other hunters out enjoying the out doors ..........

Previous

Return to Breaking News