I Can't Believe He's Bragging About This

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Woods Walker

RE: I Can't Believe He's Bragging About This

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:56 pm

I have no problem with him shooting it either. The problem is with him not knowing what he shot and then bragging about it. IMO that does our image no good at all for the reasons I stated.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

LaCatahoula

Postby LaCatahoula » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:00 pm

I think I would have shot it to tell the truth. As for the not field dressing in the south most of where I hunt is cypress swamp with two or more feet of water and we float deer out. I promise you if you smell the mud and water you don't want any of that in your deer. I usually take pictures and clean my animals as soon as possible(no more than three hours). The deer does looked bloated in the video and I wouldn't eat any of it.

muzzyswuirrel@gmail.

Postby muzzyswuirrel@gmail. » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:37 pm

thats krazyy! well whether it was dumb luck or not doesnt matter- he shot a monster doe!
muzzysquirrel

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:49 pm

You look at that deer in that pic, and it looks like a overgrown doe.. Down here you have grey, dark grey, brown, dark brown, white and brown, white and grey deer.. The guy probably thought he was really shooting a doe on steroids lol..

Im glad for him, I would of gutted that hammerknocker tho..

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:12 pm

ORIGINAL: Woods Walker

I have no problem with him shooting it either. The problem is with him not knowing what he shot and then bragging about it. IMO that does our image no good at all for the reasons I stated.

I didn't get the vibe that the hunter was bragging about the kill.  Just seemed like an adequately proud hunter with a unique kill.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

NC Deer Hunter

Postby NC Deer Hunter » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:38 am

Yep!

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:07 am

ORIGINAL: Patriot

ORIGINAL: Woods Walker

I didn't get the vibe that the hunter was bragging about the kill.  Just seemed like an adequately proud hunter with a unique kill.

This goes back to the tone cast on other threads where people can be perceived as braggarts if they post a pic of their deer and talk about how proud they were for killing it, etc. We all know that many times reading an article (or a thread) MUCH can get lost in the reading. Heck, I know a person who was able to determine they didn't like someone nor would they ever imagine hanging out with the person just from reading their threads! Can you imagine that?
Sometimes people are proud of their small doe, or 10 point or whatever and want to share their jubilation with others and NOT be a braggert nor should they be looked upon as a committing one of the deadly sin's.
Reading the original article I didn't sense that he was bragging, but that he was proud, wanted to share and broke no laws (so far). Good for him.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

SwampLife

Postby SwampLife » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:04 pm

Hows about a nice shot with a 243 to take down a 300 pound deer.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.

Ifishandhunt

Postby Ifishandhunt » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:12 pm

[size="1"][/quote] Heck, I know a person who was able to determine they didn't like someone nor would they ever imagine hanging out with the person just from reading their threads! Can you imagine that? [/size]

Personally from being part of D&DH forums for a couple years now, I think I would enjoy hunting or being at deer camp with just about anyone who is currently a member here. Well, everyone except that 'Strap it on' guy. I know I'd learn a lot too!

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:06 am

I guess ther used to be Elk in IL, before they got hunted out along with the whitetail in the 1800's, I don't know about the other deer species...

I gut my deer where I kill them, no food poisen in my deer meat, and they sure taste better to me when gutted, and washed out, asap. 

About the photos... For myself, there is nothing better then pictures the hunters standing next to a gutted deer that is hanging in a tree, it's just how I like them.

This is normal deer hunting not tv hunting...

Yes we got a skilled group of respectable hunters. No huge arguments every post like some of the other websites. 

I have to agree hunters really need to be sure of thier targeted species, it's safer hunting when you know what your shooting. Besides the DNR likes to write out tickets to poachers, even if its escapee exotic.
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

PreviousNext

Return to Breaking News