Scent Control: Was amused but now mad.

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
bmorris

Scent Control: Was amused but now mad.

Postby bmorris » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:08 pm

Before I was somewhat amused to see how the reaction of the carbon companies would respond to what came out in court. It was dishartening to see the latest issue of DDH come out in support of Scent Blocker,s claims and their spin on what actually happened, Now I am mad that they still want to try and confuse the public.
They just got through settling in 8 states and entered into an agreement to pay. They won't disclose any terms to the public and they have even been brought back to court to unseal the agreement by Scentlok. No where in the settlement agreement does it state that their product is superior . It does say they have some things that Scentlok doesn't and I guess if you want to compare your self to a product that has 27% coverage of carbon it is kind of easy to be superior to that.
I have read pages and statements concerning the trial and see that Lee Lakowsy and Phil Phillips both compalined that the carbon didn't work for them and yet they continue to accept paymemt and sponsorship from these companies.
Myles Keller who once worked with Robinson has withdrawn his endoresement of carbon and went so far to contact the patent office. Some where some integrity has to enter into this discussion.
This kind of blanket endorsement of a product that has been shown to not comport with science has to stop.

As it relates to " cold fusion " here is a guote from an article from the internet. " Today cold fusion is as scientifically scorned as UFOs. To state that Scent Blocker has now superceded world scientist is crazy.
This quote is from an activated carbon scientist to which I sent Scent Blocker's ad. " Its sole intention is to blind you with (what appears to be) science."

A little research and clear thinking would go a long way in explaining away what this article says is truth. I would be more than willing to go throught his article with the author. He has swallowed their side hook . line , and sinker. Its amazing that one one side always gets printed. I would think Charlie Alsheimer would stand up and be heard. What are all these pro's afraid of ?

SoIll Dawg

RE: Scent Control: Was amused but now mad.

Postby SoIll Dawg » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:13 pm

You realize that it is not an "article" but a paid advertisement.  Even says so at the bottom of each page.

Seriously people, who gives a crap about this scent stuff.  If people cannot see a snake oil salesman (like the uproar over the Mathews advertisement mag from last month) then who is really to blame?[:D]  Its almost like people have never seen advertisements before.  Everyone needs to relax.  When did hunting become so complicated????

blueeyeddragon76

Postby blueeyeddragon76 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:38 pm

the part i find interesting ( and amusing) is that the normal school of thought is usually that if you buy something and it does not work, you return it and either get your money back, or get something else.. I know we have all been there at some point.... now the asmusing part( to me anyways) is the amount of time being spenton, and how upset people are over it... if you own scentlock and got screwed... well you have the right to be pissed, but i have seen alot of posts by ppl, who never even owned these products.... and we all know anyways that products dopn't work the way they are supposed to half the time....if i owned any of these products i would just call the company and demand a refund ( glad i don't though) what is next a class action lawsuit? just my opinion.. hope noone gets mad at me for expressing it.
ANYONE WHO TELLS YOU HUNTING IS WRONG... TELL THEM TO READ THE BIBLE:

Now then get your weapons-
Your quiver and your bow-
And go out to the open country-
to hunt some wild game for me

Genesis 27:3

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:52 pm

....if i owned any of these products i would just call the company and demand a refund

Odd that you would say that, because that's EXACTLY what the plaintiffs who brought the suit against Scent Lok did, AND THEY WERE DENIED BY SCENT LOK....hence the lawsuit.

Maybe if Scent Lok was an honorable, stand up type company and STOOD BEHIND IT'S CLAIMS AND REFUNDED THE MONEY IN THE FIRST PLACE then they wouldn't have had the lawsuit!

They got what they deserved.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

bmorris

Postby bmorris » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:34 pm

ORIGINAL: SoIll Dawg

You realize that it is not an "article" but a paid advertisement.  Even says so at the bottom of each page.

Seriously people, who gives a crap about this scent stuff.  If people cannot see a snake oil salesman (like the uproar over the Mathews advertisement mag from last month) then who is really to blame?[:D]  Its almost like people have never seen advertisements before.  Everyone needs to relax.  When did hunting become so complicated????

I saw that ,but this still isn't right.
I was refering to the endorsement and explanation of the editor who was making statements and quoting from an interview.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:47 pm

I agree. It's calls into question everything else I read in the magazine.

I guess revenue means more than integrity.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

badtoys

Postby badtoys » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:32 pm

leave charlie out of it he is great
WARNING: The lead contained in this bullet has been known to cause severe injury and even death. when travelling at over 2100 feet per second.Surgeon General's Warning: Getting smoked by one of these bullets may behazardous to your health.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:18 am

ORIGINAL: Woods Walker

I guess revenue means more than integrity.

I have previously mentioned this but a larger outdoor publication begain accepting PEW advertising.
Can you imagine that??!?!!

It is all about the $$$ these days (for alot of people/companies)
Tough times call for tough measures I guess
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Wolf River Hunter

Postby Wolf River Hunter » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:17 am

When did hunting become so complicated????

Hunting isn't complicated...if you just follow the advertisers, oops I means experts, advice. First you plant your magic food plot that will draw deer from your property and a few of the neighbors over. Next you lay a trail of the magic pee, deer can smell that stuff from counties away ya know, right up to the bottom of your stand where you are waiting in the magic layers of carbon to harvest your trophy. Easy as pie.
I'd rather drag out a 4 pointer with my father than a 10 pointer alone.

Wolfman

Postby Wolfman » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:55 am

[font="Arial"]Hmmm ... I think your question should be, When did so many people become as dumb as dirt?[/font]

[font="Arial"]Or as my grandmother would say, Ein Stück Fleisch mit zwei Augen.[/font] [8D]
IF YOU'RE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION, THEN YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

Next

Return to Breaking News