What do you do to fund your deer Hunting

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
SwampLife

RE: What do you do to fund your deer Hunting

Postby SwampLife » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:45 pm

walmart red tag'd stuff, YA!

i save my pennies to hunt as much as i can afford to.

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:49 pm

I have a part-time job and whatever I make from that I can spend on hunting.
Scott

pickleguy

Postby pickleguy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:17 am

My wife had a great idea 3 1/2 years ago & it was if I quit smoking I could spend the savings on what ever I wanted. I now take a yearly trip to Kansas where I shot the best buck of my life last year. The trip costs about $1500 per guy. I also use my profit sharing to finance my hunting as long as I use a little of it on things the wife wants to do she has no problems with any of my spending. I also watch for clearence items, as Swamplife said Wally World has awesome prices this time of year on soaps clothes etc.
�If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.It is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:13 am

I have a high (well, higher than anywhere else) yielding savings account online that I have an auto draft set up with my checking.  At regular intervals during the month I have X amount of dollars come out and go in there, no questions asked.  I don't even notice, and before you know it I have enough money to buy this or that...
QDM!

retiredsailor

Postby retiredsailor » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:23 am

Good for you fasteddie. Sounds like you are starting to realize that age doesn't have to slow us down. I too (though a few years younger than you) just bought an ATV a couple of years ago and love the added mobility it gives me for hunting. Good luck in your retirement and enjoy every day you can in the woods and fields.
I checked "other" on the poll since I too am retired and don't really have to worry about funding my hunting seasons.

This poll did get me to thinking about several of my hunting buddies (including a couple of adult sons who love to hunt), and I realize that they still have to juggle schedules, plan vacation days, budget for certain expenses, and similar considerations. I used to fall in that category too, but now I thank the Lord that he has given me the wherewithal and good health to allow me to enjoy hunting and fishing without having to deal with those other important factors.
Interesting poll.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:18 am

I posted other....Just a good penny pincher and wife to MrB.[;)]

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:56 pm

Since I am getting along in years (68) and do most of my hunting alone , I thought an ATV would be a nice touch . A couple years ago , I had to drag a deer almost 500 yards uphill and thought I was gonna croak . I take a sled with me to make the drag easier and I had to try to find flat spots where I could stop and catch my breath . I still take a sled but I can pull it behind the ATV . I saved up for the ATV and paid cash .......... For me , that's the only way to do it .
Semper Fi !

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:57 pm

I bought the Honda ATV in the spring of 2009 .........
Semper Fi !

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:58 am

I have a decent career that allows me to fund both Fasteddies and my hunting and fishing costs.

I chose other.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

John1961

Postby John1961 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:23 am

I retired U S Army but all that goes in to home repairs and bills so I save all my change and when I want a new toy I cash some in. The bank folks hate it but oh well.
John
U.S. Army Retired and Proud American
Black Water Hunting Club
" BUY AMERICAN "

PreviousNext

Return to Breaking News