truck bed liner.....

msbadger

truck bed liner.....

Postby msbadger » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:11 pm

I was walking through C/T farms today after picking up chicken food ...looking for ideas...and out popped a spay can of truck Bed liner.....Hhmm It sprays on textured...well my ladder rungs tend to get slippery after a wet day cold night and I'm tired of the critters leaving foam around my stand after tearing apart the shooting rail pads...I mean all I need those for is to keep my gun from making noise on it...then there is the platform...hhmmm...So why wouldn't that solve my problem?...Now all I need to know is...once cured ...will all smell go away?...asking you guys with bed liner...ours was the molded style so I don't know

msbadger

RE: truck bed liner.....

Postby msbadger » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:27 am

No one has the spray on type truck bedd liner?....just wondering if it has an odor? and does it tend to be a more rubber type feel of harden plastic feel to it?

Proline

Postby Proline » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:56 am

I also am on the hunt to apply something to front of my climber where the hoop goes out around the front of me. Need something to lay the gun on without scrathing it and to deaden the sound of of objects banging it. I tested the spray on liner this on a piece of metal in November.  It goes on thinner than I would like so multiple coats would be required.  It stinks alot. I can still smell it on the test piece now 2 months later though it is considerably less. Wont help you for your rungs on the ladder but what I decided to do was to buy some parachute cord and I am going to wind that around the bar apllying like you would when you whip a dock line and try that.

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:01 pm

Can it be any smellier than paint ? People build wooden blinds and wooden ladders and paint them camo . Would the bed liner stuff be any different ?
Buy a can and try it on something .
Semper Fi !

fr0sty

Postby fr0sty » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:40 pm

I purchased the diy bedliner from mills fleet.  The smell goes away after it cures.  

Proline

Postby Proline » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:04 pm

Checked my test piece last nite and the smell was in fact gone, or at least by my nose it was.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:04 am

Thanks for the up date....so...how do you like it so far on that test piece?...will it deaden the sound and still be soft enough not to mar your gun?

Return to Treestands