Deer & Turkey Expo

Deebz

Deer & Turkey Expo

Postby Deebz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:05 am

Anybody planning on going to the IL Deer and Turkey Expo this year? I've gone and really enjoyed it in the past when it was in Bloomington, but I'm thinking Peoria might be just a little too far to make a day trip of it...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Woods Walker

Re: Deer & Turkey Expo

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:57 pm

My deer camp buddies are going Friday. I was going to go with them, but I picked up some much needed work so I probably won't....bit I ain't complainin'! I'll never complain about being "too busy" ever again!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:13 am

I hear ya there Woodsie... We have a double header scheduled for Friday, so I'll at least be busy and not moping around the house
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:07 pm

Hey deebz...any info you have on it would be appreciated....i work 30-35 minutes away from Peoria...im off this weekend also..never been to this one. Thanks-jon~

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:08 pm

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:14 pm

Thanks as always Deebz.....went fishing instead...needed the relaxation...couldn't keep the fish offf the hook-- :D ...it was a good day!

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:04 am

Right on.. I made it out a couple weekends back down to Kickapoo Sate Park north of Danville. We slayed the gills, plus a bonus catfish, a handful of largemouth in the 10-15 inch range, 2 jumbo perch, and 1 18 inch trout that managed to survive since the last stocking... Had a great time

Return to Illinois