illinois check in

howhill1

illinois check in

Postby howhill1 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:17 am

octobers almost here guys. where in illinois do you reside/hunt? i myself am in western piatt county right on the sangaman river.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

EatDeer

RE: illinois check in

Postby EatDeer » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:41 am

I'm hunting the adams county border, in southern hancock, west central part of the state. I hunt part of bear creek, and also near Tioga. I hope to arrow a P&Y buck this year. I'll be skinning some doe's for sure! I've heard of piatt county producing some big bucks! Good luck!    
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:45 am

I live in western Kane county, and I bowhunt private ground near Oregon, Illinois, and also have ground in Brown County near LaGrange Lock and Dam that we bow/gun hunt on.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:17 am

you guys both sound as though you have some prime areas as well. yea piatt actually got mentioned as a sleeper county last year. even got mentioned in a d&dh article last year on fawn survival due to its large vastness of ag ground. best of luck this year. took today off and its rainin to beat the band . kinda stuck in the house.[:(]
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

b phat

Postby b phat » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:06 pm

I hunt in henry county. But found a deer that someone shot and lost or died on it own couldnt tell it was chewed up pretty good. It scored over 208 inches in bureau county.  Oct 1 is coming fast and I cant wait.......

Lot to Learn

Postby Lot to Learn » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:06 am

Hey neighbors,  I am in Greene County, I am fortunate enough to hunt a couple farms and I am a member of a sportsman club that I can also hunt. I don't have stands up yet, how about you guys, all set up?

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:05 am

ive got one more stand to put out but i wont hunt this stand until nov. im plannin to get it out his weekend

vambo991

Postby vambo991 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:34 pm

Hey, LTL. I'm in NW Jersey Co. really close to Macoupin Co. Creek. Got all my stuff out last weekend. Can't wait!... Got a big 12pt. back in his core area...REAL BIG. I'm so pumped I can't get anything done at work.

hyguti

Postby hyguti » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:22 am

i hunt in jasper county and i have seen some huge 180+ deer in my woods. i shot a 140 inch buck last year with my bow 8 pointer with a 24 inch spread. i cant wait to take that huge buck hope you guys have some luck this upcoming season.

Lot to Learn

Postby Lot to Learn » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:38 am

Vambo, awesome place. My wife has relatives that live on North side of macoupin just South of Carrollton.

Next

Return to Illinois