FOID insurance bill

Deebz

FOID insurance bill

Postby Deebz » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:55 pm

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/98/SB/09800SB1935.htm

Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Provides that any person who owns a firearm in this State shall maintain a policy of liability insurance in the amount of at least $1,000,000 specifically covering any damages resulting from negligent or willful acts involving the use of such firearm while it is owned by such person. Provides that a person shall be deemed the owner of a firearm after the firearm is lost or stolen until such loss or theft is reported to the police department or sheriff of the jurisdiction in which the owner resides. Provides that the Department of State Police shall revoke and seize a Firearm Owner's Identification Card previously issued under this Act if the Department finds that the person to whom such card was issued possesses or acquires a firearm and does not submit evidence to the Department of State Police that he or she has been issued in his or her name a liability insurance policy in the amount of at least $1,000,000 specifically covering any damages resulting from negligent or willful acts involving the use of such firearm while it is owned by such person. Effective January 1, 2014.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

buckwild

Re: FOID insurance bill

Postby buckwild » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:58 am

I admit that I only gave the attachment a quick "once over". The only penalty that I see for not carrying the insurance is revocation of a FOID card. If this is accurate, the only people that would be punished for not carrying insurance are legal gun owners. Please tell me I am overlooking something.
Semper Fidelis!

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:25 am

that is true...

The bigger issue is the fact that being forced to pay for insurance to exercise a constitutional right is in and of itself unconstitutional. Although the simple fact that we Ilinoisans have to pay and get approved to have a FOID card in the first place is also unconstitutional kind of sets a precedent for it.

I don't believe this bill has moved forward at all.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

BENJAMIN

Postby BENJAMIN » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:35 am

I really found this post quite informative. Insurance is the transfer of the risk of a loss, from one person to another person or agency in exchange for payment. It Gives the financial security from damages and accidents...

kellory

Postby kellory » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:18 am

Great, spam posting in response to spam. Oh Ben....clean up in isle FOID..... ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Return to Illinois