Can anyone help me out?

Ramsey870

Can anyone help me out?

Postby Ramsey870 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:02 pm

My name is Zach Ramsey and I am 18. Been hunting for 10 years now. We used to hunt Alexander county for firearms season seeing as I didn't get a bow till this year for deer hunting. We are barely making ends meet due to a divorce my parents went through. When I say barely that means I might not be able to get to go to college because I'll have to get a full time job to help out keeping the house we live in right now.. I live in Kane county and have been looking all over for a place to hunt west of 47 seeing that we cant swing the trip down home anymore.

My dad was a Hunter Safety Instructor for over 10 years so I'm not an idiot that will put you in any danger in a hunting situation.

What I am getting at is I am looking for a place to hunt or a kind soul that would let me and if possible my dad with them. we used to hunt to get extra meat in the freezer but now we have to hunt to live... literally. I have places to hunt waterfowl and dove that I will be more then willing to get ya out with us if you can help me out for gun season. I know the likelihood of someone allowing me to hunt with them is slim to none but I thought I'd give it a chance.

I'll gut your deer or do anything in my capabilities to help you out during the season if you allow me to tag along.

I'm just looking for meat so if taking does only will increase my chance of hunting with yall that is more than fine by me.

Thanks if ya can and even if ya can't thankya for looking at this,
Zach Ramsey

SteveBartylla

Re: Can anyone help me out?

Postby SteveBartylla » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:11 pm

Zach,

I don't know how practical this is or even if you'd be interested, but I manage a large piece of ground in West Central IL. Due to not owning the property myself, I can not grant permission for hunting, and it's too far away for that to do you much good anyway. That said, my deer census results is dictating we remove at least another 40 does again next year, most likely more if our fawning success rates are equal or greater than last year. Long way of saying, even after we process all we can eat, we donate a lot of deer to the IL feed the hungry program.

I completely understand that you'd much rather hunt them yourself. Unfortunately, I can't help you with that. However, if you can make a drive up, I could literally send you back with a pickup load of does. If that works, leave your email addy and I'll contact you closer to fall and work out the details. Sorry I couldn't offer more,

Steve

Ramsey870

Postby Ramsey870 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:00 pm

If the deer is already processed and we just have to pick it up it is definitely will make the drive. My email is zramster870@yahoo.com I greatly appreciate it Steve.

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:31 am

I've never hunted public land in gun season, but I know that some of the state parks... Starved Rock, Mathiessen, etc... have a ton of deer. Like I said, I'm not very familiar with the regs and such for them, but it's worth a shot. They aren't too far from Kane County either.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Return to Illinois