Deer and apples

kellory

Re: Deer and apples

Postby kellory » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:29 pm

Are these deer predictable as to time? Morning mid day or evening? Understand you do not need a full blind, just something that make you look like nothing threatening. There is also a spur blind on the market with mirrored walls. These tip outward slightly and you blend very well, as if you had just disappeared. I would suggest just a small brush pile on that fence line and just sit low on the ground, or do as woodsie dies and wear your blind as in a gillie suit. There are several ways to hunt that line. (If you had permission, and some lead time, a pit blind would be ideal there.)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

kellory

Re: Deer and apples

Postby kellory » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:24 pm

http://www.ghostblind.com/ these things seem to run about $150. but appear to be very effective, and would solve your problem. Take a look at the link provided. (I have no connection with them, and have never used one myself. But, I am considering one myself. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Previous

Return to Illinois