Late Winter Season Tags

MHHC S. IL

Late Winter Season Tags

Postby MHHC S. IL » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:16 pm

I've been hearing that the tags for the late winter antlerless only season will be sold over the counter for the 2010 season.  Can anyone verify this or is it just another rumor?
LIVE AT FULL DRAW

EatDeer

RE: Late Winter Season Tags

Postby EatDeer » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:30 am

Welcome to the forums, and thanks for posting. I havent been keeping up on it lately, so I could be wrong, but this is what I gathered from the DNR website, and other sources.  The deer task force made the needed recommendations to control the deer population to the state government, and that is one control method they proposed to the state last January. I believe the OTC tags to be used are to be mainly "left-overs" from the normal  firearms lottery, ( Which of there normally isn't extra's left over anyway, so that really doesnt make since to me, but thats what I read at the DNR site. )  Also, if the state declares the need for more antlerless tags, due to poor harvest in the first half of the season, tags will be issued OTC, until the harvest qouta is filled, or the season ends. Other than that, the late-winter season is to remain the same as last year, where as you will have to enter the state permit lottery as normal to get a tag, or roll-over un-used permits. I'm sure im missing something, but maybe this will give you a idea how this will pan out for us gun hunters next season.  Personaly, I'm really looking forward to the few more days of firearms season that were proposed to be added to our normal firearms season!  
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

Return to Illinois