giant 250" inch non-typical salvage

EatDeer

giant 250" inch non-typical salvage

Postby EatDeer » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:46 am

The Hacke brothers of Springfield , IL. found a huge 250" inch (green scored), 25 point dead buck on January, 2, of this year, while quail hunting in Menard County!  The deer, in my opinion probley died of old age , since the salvagers found no evidence of it being shot or harmed in any un-natural way. The antlers have FOUR drop tines (two on each side), one of them palmated into several points, and a split brow tine. I'd like to commend the Hacke bros., on returning the massive salvage to the property owner, Nathan Grosboll. Anyone with photos of this awesome buck, please post them.
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

Everyday Hunter

RE: giant 250" inch non-typical salvage

Postby Everyday Hunter » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:02 am

It has already been posted under "Breaking News":

ORIGINAL: Everyday Hunter, 1/23/09

Here's a new story from "Prairie State Outdoors" which bills itself at "Illinois' Premier Outdoor Website":
http://www.prairiestateoutdoors.com/index.php?/pso/article/grosboll_buck/

This is the largest buck to come from Illinois this hunting season. Green score is in the neighborhood of 246", with 24 points.

John Grosboll of Petersburg holds the head of the 24-point buck found on his Menard County farm property:

There are several other pictures on at the link, including some trail cam photos.

I have to hand it to the guys who found it. The article says they were bird hunters who didn't understand the significance of what they found. Nevertheless, not many would give it to the landowner.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Return to Illinois