IL.-Where's everyone from?

rtf9769

RE: IL.-Where's everyone from?

Postby rtf9769 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:32 am

Pope.CO/Massac CO.

Shawnee is my backyard..Litterally..

Cant order pizza, but i can watch deer on my back porch all day:)

Northern Swampy

Postby Northern Swampy » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:30 am

I,m from Illinois, bowhunt mostly in perry and williamson countys. Right now, do to transfer at work, am residing in Alberta, Canada, northern half, boreal forest region. Talk about a different place to hunt. Have never been in a woods I coudn,t walk out of in 6 to 8 hours. Up here you could walk for months! Alot of places for deer to hide. Only really bad part......you are no longer the top of the food chain!

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:19 am

Welcome to the Deer & Deer hunting forums NorthernSwampy ! Nice to meet you!             I've always heard the hunting in perry county is top notch, there has been some real nice record book bucks tagged in that area over the years.   
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

Northern Swampy

Postby Northern Swampy » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:41 pm

Thanks alot for the welcome! Looking foward to hearing how everyone,s hunts are going this season. Really miss not being at home this time of year. Have been fortunate to have harvested a couple nice bucks in Perry county. 160 & 140 class. May sound strange, but after putting pictures of both in album, my favorite picture and memory is still the first deer with a bow, a button buck, way back in "89" Good luck hunting and be safe!

JChurch

Postby JChurch » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:44 am

I hunt Hancock county near Carthage.We've got some good deer here. There are 11 of us hunting together all of us related (fathers,sons daughters, cousins,etc.) My daughter is hunting with me now and my son will start in a year or so. Doing my part to pass it on and keep it going.

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:29 am

Welcome to the forums JChurch! Your hunting close to my area, I live near Basco, and I hunt along "Bear Creek". You may have seen the "Bear Creek Taxidermy"  billboard sign along county highway 900, west of Basco, if so , that's where my home is located. Nice to meet you!  

JChurch

Postby JChurch » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:59 am

Thanks for the welcome,we hunt West of the sandpit on 136 got some good deer, this season's been a little slow with all the corn still in on and around us but they're starting to get it out so we'll see how it goes.My daughter got a couple shots (her first) but missed she was excited though,me too. Good luck the rest of the season

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:11 am

YW, If your talking about the Tennese area strip mines, you're talking about some of the best hunting land around this area.  I think the past firearms season pressure is slowing the daytime activity, which should change next weekend, when hunters start pushing deer again. Good luck hunting to you too!  

kribbz

Postby kribbz » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:28 am

I'm from Madison County, right off of I-70.  I do most of my bowhunting in Washington Co and my shotgun hunting in Johnson Co. 

Previous

Return to Illinois