IL., whitetail deer activity

bobow

RE: IL., whitetail deer activity

Postby bobow » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:00 am

I had a lot of activity on Friday morning, 10/31.  I had 3 bucks come by in the morning I was out and I attribute it to the combines I heard to the south of me which is where they all came from.  I am reasonably sure they were chased out of the corn that was harvested.

There is still a bunch to be taken out.  I hope the weather holds and the the local farmers are able to get the corn out soon!

I just wish they were in bow range!

howhill1

RE: IL., whitetail deer activity

Postby howhill1 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:41 pm

went this morn. this weather has got to break. had deer in the fresh cut corn stubble before dawn. couldnt get to the stand i wanted to be in. im sure they gorged themselves last nite and bedded the better part of the day as i didnt see a deer in the woods. its still quite green out though visibility isnt the greatest.leaves are startin to drop. got vacation week after next and its supposed to get cooler. im hopin for a nice fat doe and the old 12 i saw the first weekend.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

Previous

Return to Illinois