Illinois Hunting Journal 2010

SoIll Dawg

RE: Illinois Hunting Journal 2010

Postby SoIll Dawg » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:49 am

I was wondering if I would have to use long underwear or not![:D]

Funny how cold you can get when you don't move much.

Hurry up Friday!!

bobow

Postby bobow » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:09 pm

I was wondering if I would have to use long underwear or not!

Funny how cold you can get when you don't move much.

I have to laugh because I was thinking about this myself.  I think I am going to pack my winter bibs in without the liner just in case [;)]

I know, call me wimpy....that's what happens when you get old I guess [:'(]
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

4khorn

Postby 4khorn » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:02 pm

Its finally here. The one day we have been looking forward to all year. Opening day baby! Good luck to everyone. Be safe out there. Looking forward to sharing the season with you fella's...and ladies...if there are any reading. [;)]
My pursuit of a buck of a lifetime is much like the Chicago Cubs pursuit of a World Series...the season ends with a "wait til next year"

Luke

Lot to Learn

Postby Lot to Learn » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:19 am

good luck everyone.  I had no intentions of hunting this early, I don't like hunting deer in warmer weather but now I am going to have a very long day at work. 

bobow

Postby bobow » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:36 am

I had no intentions of hunting this early, I don't like hunting deer in warmer weather but now I am going to have a very long day at work.

I was hoping to get out today but I just can't do it. [:@]  I plan on being out all day Saturday & some on Sunday if things work out.

Good luck to everybody.  I hope to see your pictures by tonight! [;)]
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

4khorn

Postby 4khorn » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:59 am

Hunt number 1 is in the books. When i got to the base of the tree, I saw a fawn get up out of its bed and bound away up the ridge. Hour and a half later it made its way back and bedded down in the same spot, then browsed around the rest of the evening. Momma doe did not make an appearance, so no shot opportunities, but a fun hunt regardless. Question for you guys: Sunset was 6:37, so what time would you plan on getting to your stand? I got there at 4:10.
My pursuit of a buck of a lifetime is much like the Chicago Cubs pursuit of a World Series...the season ends with a "wait til next year"

Luke

Relentless

Postby Relentless » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:23 am

I got to my stand about 4:30 last night...felt early but I don't want to bunp any deer...especially tonight now that it is colder.  I had a doe and fawn come by at 5:45 and another doe with twins at about 6:45.  I let them all go but, that will not happen tonight....of course I will be in a different stand tonight.  Just an fyi...those does/fawns were all about 24 rows deep in the standing corn.  Good luck to all and stay safe.  Also enjoy these cool early season temps.
Bucks and does alike, if I ever lose the rush leading up to and after a kill, I will hang it up. Knowing me, that will never happen.

SoIll Dawg

Postby SoIll Dawg » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:33 am

Got skunked.  Saw 3 otters, 12 turkey, 4 turtles sunning themselves and a couple million squirrels.  No deer after hunting all day.  Waiting till this evening to go out again. 

It was an absolutely beautiful day anyway!

Lot to Learn

Postby Lot to Learn » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:02 am

what awesome weather.  I have not been out yet, Wife and daughters off for the day so me and boy hanging out. He has asthma and allergies so not taking him near a bean field right now.  I will be out in the morning. I have decided I need to wash some of my warmer clothes. 

Lot to Learn

Postby Lot to Learn » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:03 am

I forgot to add, someone in my neighborhood had success, my lab is chewing on a deer leg as we speak. 

PreviousNext

Return to Illinois