What we seeing out there?

Lot to Learn

What we seeing out there?

Postby Lot to Learn » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:20 pm

if it wasn't for a doe with a fawn in tow I would not have seen anything so far. All crops still in where I am hunting so I am sure that has something to do with it. And the ground is still wet so will probably be another week at least.  I have seen a lot of turkeys. So I think I am going to start turkey hunting and see if the deer show up. I will quit whining. How is everyone else doing?

Nimrod

RE: What we seeing out there?

Postby Nimrod » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:50 pm

Real Slow, every thing seems to go wrong: wind, dumb hunters, combines, horses, etc

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:53 am

only been out once the first weekend due to the high temps. but i did see 2 good bucks and several does on that trip. cant wait till tomoorow morn. sposed to be in the mid 30's with patchy frost!
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

Lot to Learn

Postby Lot to Learn » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:20 am

I am with you on the temps. It was really cool one day last week and I decided to head out for an afternoon hunt. By the time I got there it had warmed up and I spent the day fighting misquotes.  With all that movement I am lucky I saw a squirrel. Good luck this weekend, I plan on being out also.

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:59 am

I've been seeing groups of young bucks that are seeking estrus doe's. I also saw a doe marking a scrape, but she was too far away to shoot.
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

Return to Illinois