Illinois DNR Hits Rock Bottom

Woods Walker

Illinois DNR Hits Rock Bottom

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:19 pm

I got a call today from my buddy who farms in Brown County. If this were coming from anyone but him, I'd have doubts about it, but if he said it, it's true.....

Part of one of his farms is in bottom land, and is currently submerged. He and the crop insurance guy were standing on the road today looking into one of his ruined cornfields, when he sees someone coming down the road on a bicycle. If you know that part of Illinois, you know that's NOT a common sight.

Anyway, as the biker get's closer, he see's that it's the GAME WARDEN! He asked her what in the hell is going on, and she responded that they don't have enough fuel for the vehicles!

I have since spoken to several other folks about this, and they concur and also state that many of the CPOs in Illinois are now on a $150.00 PER MONTH gas allowance. This is not only for CPOs that drive the standard single SUV, but also the ones who have the vehicle AND a boat!

Blago's about killed it but good. In fact, if it weren't for the outstanding deer hunting we have and the out of state  permit revenue it brings, along with what's left of our goose hunting and the Lake Michigan salmon fishery, we probably wouldn't have any DNR at all right now.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

howhill1

RE: Illinois DNR Hits Rock Bottom

Postby howhill1 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:27 am

i believe it. i know of a cpo who doesnt leave his house when on duty unless its an emergency because of gas. thats his orders! its gonna get worse before it gets better.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

Return to Illinois