Task force discusses deer herd management

howhill1

RE: Task force discusses deer herd management

Postby howhill1 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:40 pm

i know our fair haired governor wanted to rob the dnr for some his other pet projects(air fare maybe) but i dont know for sure if it was achieved. ill do some diggin and see what i can find out. this is all public info ya just gotta wade through a quagmire to find it.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

Lot to Learn

Postby Lot to Learn » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:05 am

I have been looking for this article but I must have tossed it, The IL outdoor magazine, looks like a newpaper, had an article on the head of dnr earlier this year, same old IL crap. Works out of Chicago drives to Springfield, we pay for all of that.

You are right on muzzle loader season, I wasn't thinking.  I even hunt that season.

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:18 am

I subscribe to the IL. outdoors newsletter as well, I read that article about the mis-management too. I believe the article was about the govener appointed "acting" dnr director, Sam Flood. I guess now he has to stay at a state funded camping site, and drives a state auto-mobile. I still bet he stays in a couple hundred thousand dollar cabin, payed for by state deer hunting fee's,and resident taxes. [&o] 
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:45 pm

i had my arguments with brett mannning but at least he was qualified for the job.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

vambo991

Postby vambo991 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:47 pm

I'm all for making the out-of-staters "earn a buck". Also, they need to change the youth firearm weekend back to "antlerless only".

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:05 pm

I wish that Michigan had an earn a buck program. I can only see good to this. Im happy that the DNR has made a rule on NO spikes this year in the UP. I just wish that they would make the same rule down here as well. Let those deer grow into bigger bucks!
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

hyguti

Postby hyguti » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:26 am

i dont think earn a buck is really good because what if u have a deer heard that has like a 2 to 1 buck ratio  it will be hard to earn a buck because... i also hunt wisconsin and they ahve a earn a buck and its really hard to get a doe to come in range becuase their so smart. now they want to make it 2 does and its challenging to get 1 doe. it will make somepeople not want to hunt becuase they cant get a doe. im not trying to complain just saying hunting will be way harder for some places that dont have so may does on their properties like them small property owners, and phgs. it will change the whole deer management on my property in illinois cause i 2 1/2 to 1 buck ratio. somepeople think its good but i believe it will change hunting alot from most people

Previous

Return to Illinois