Anyone bowhunting late season?

bobow

Anyone bowhunting late season?

Postby bobow » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:29 pm

I was wondering if anyone is out bow hunting the late season.

I went out Thursday late PM & didn't see any but did see some sign.

I went out this late PM & was able to call in a nice doe at 26 yds but guessed 30 and she jumped the string.  It was nice to see that since Thursday it looks like it is Grand Central Station.  It is only a 15 acre wooded area but they were digging everywhere.

Anybody else out?
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

Quickdraw

RE: Anyone bowhunting late season?

Postby Quickdraw » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:17 pm

Hoping to get out this weekend, have had a lot of projects fall into my lap lately. 

piebal

Postby piebal » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:34 pm

Bobow
I have been bowhunting for the last 2 weeks while the muzzle loader season has been goin on over here in north central connecticut I have been huntin a 42 acer parcel that abutts a prison so the land owner said no guns ...needless to say i was thrilled to to be on that property there is quite a few mature bucks on the land and there is 1 person on the property...Me ! Over the years i have found some super sheds on the land and was able to eyebal a few big guys this week i have 9 days and no snow cover ....the pressure is on ......like you said the woods are roto tilled. Hunt hard!!

stu27

Postby stu27 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:59 pm

I was out Saturday evening and shot a small button buck.  Gotta love the ease of tracking in the snow....though I didn't need much help.  He ran about 50 yards and dropped.  Planning to get out a little at some point next week before that doe only season opens up again next weekend.

kribbz

Postby kribbz » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:37 pm

went out saturday morning.  we didn't see any but it was a beatiful morning!  crisp, cool and still.  I could have sat all day and not seen a thing and would have been happy. 

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:07 am

Still at it too. A few does and a couple of small bucks. But some nice nocturnal big guys on trailcam. Hopeing they will make a mistake. Patience is a virtue. 
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:22 pm

It's hard for  me to believe how active the bucks still are here in Southern Illinois. They are still tending scrapes and rubs. There are some big boys still out there.

We're also seeing some big cats here on a pretty regular basis, for the first time. Our neighbors barn cats, 4 of them, were all taken in one night a couple of weeks ago.

For whatever reason, wildlife of all kinds is doing very well.

Thanks,
Clark

Return to Illinois