Annealed Brass

Disclaimer: This Web site's authors, editors and publisher have no control over the assembly of ammunition, arms it is to be fired in or how the resulting ammunition may be used. Therefore, no responsibility, either implied or expressed, is assumed for the use of any of the loading and reloading data on this site.
shaman

Annealed Brass

Postby shaman » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:21 am

I've been reloading now for a decade.  I'd saved up gobs of brass  from the previous 20 years.  Finally, after all this time, I got into a situation where I needed to think about either throwing out some otherwise good brass or try annealing.

I tried the hot-lead method, but I ran into the soldering problem-- lead sticking to the brass.  The next idea on my list was the water drop method.  I put a torch down on the table, pointing up at an angle.  I heated the necks for about 7 seconds each, until I a) got a little blue color on the necks and b) felt the heat building up on my fingers and then I dropped them into cold water.

I was just wondering if anyone else has tried annealing and what their method was and how it worked for them.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

rem700

RE: Annealed Brass

Postby rem700 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:35 am

there are few annealed brass vid on youtube ( but lyman reload book 49th says not to annealed brass we can not get it hot,( home reloader) been thinking about annealing brass. just not shore i going to. ( ammosmith vid on youtube)
Robert

Return to Reloading