Exercise/Routine of the Week

Tips on how to keep yourself in top form for the hunting season.
buckhunter21

RE: Exercise/Routine of the Week

Postby buckhunter21 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:17 am

Looks like you could have your work cut out for you when you get dumped on!  :)  Nice pics...
QDM!

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:53 pm

Yeppers ...I do...I have another 200ft across the drive that I'v started on.... to get to the goat barn...we need to put up some hay for them soon...I also did the drive for property down the hill just 15x30 but thanks to the road plow a little over 3ft deep and packed...but now tomorrow we can park down there cut wood on the hill and drag it out on sleds DOWN hill to load the truck[:D]...Aahh it will keep me in shape for the garden and food plots this spring ...put up my seed list today and will start ordering next week....putting down plans for plots and new stands as well....I need to start the stands soon.

boxcallkid

Postby boxcallkid » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:05 pm

That driveway looks just like mine!........... Oh my achin back!
I'm gonna build my next house right next to the road, and the mailbox is going to be at the bottom of the steps!
What do I care if I can't sleep because of the road noise.
Like gramps used to say, "Why is it there's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over?"

aa009741

Postby aa009741 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:54 pm

Begin with the bag in front of you, feet shoulder width apart, toes pointed slightly outward. Squat deeply and grasp the bag while keeping the head and shoulders up. Lift upward with the hips while hoisting the bag onto the shoulder. Lower the bag to the ground and repeat, alternating shoulders.

JPH

Postby JPH » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:56 am

ORIGINAL: aa009741

Begin with the bag in front of you, feet shoulder width apart, toes pointed slightly outward. Squat deeply and grasp the bag while keeping the head and shoulders up. Lift upward with the hips while hoisting the bag onto the shoulder. Lower the bag to the ground and repeat, alternating shoulders.

That is something I posted earlier, word for word. Are you asking for clarification?

strampoline

Re: Exercise/Routine of the Week

Postby strampoline » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:26 am

Hey I am very much upset because of my over weight so I had planned the routine of every day and I am following that routine with out missing it. Here is the routine of my week.
1. Monday ;- Running for 3km every morning and then doing some yoga exercise. Lunch eating more green leafy vegetables, dinner taking extra low calory food.
2. Tuesday:- Only jogging and yoga exercise. Diet plan for dinner and lunch is same for whole week
3. Wednesday:- Running, physical exercise and yoga. Diet plan for dinner and lunch is same for whole week
4. Thursday:- Only yoga exercise. Diet plan for dinner and lunch is same for whole week
5. Friday:- Cycling and Yoga exercise. Diet plan for dinner and lunch is same for whole week
6. Saturday:- Cycling and Physical exercise. Diet plan for dinner and lunch is same for whole week.
7. Sunday:- Rest

Healthy Outdoorsman

Postby Healthy Outdoorsman » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:02 pm

strampoline wrote:Hey I am very much upset because of my over weight so I had planned the routine of every day and I am following that routine with out missing it. Here is the routine of my week.
1. Monday ;- Running for 3km every morning and then doing some yoga exercise. Lunch eating more green leafy vegetables, dinner taking extra low calory food.
2. Tuesday:- Only jogging and yoga exercise. Diet plan for dinner and lunch is same for whole week
3. Wednesday:- Running, physical exercise and yoga. Diet plan for dinner and lunch is same for whole week
4. Thursday:- Only yoga exercise. Diet plan for dinner and lunch is same for whole week
5. Friday:- Cycling and Yoga exercise. Diet plan for dinner and lunch is same for whole week
6. Saturday:- Cycling and Physical exercise. Diet plan for dinner and lunch is same for whole week.
7. Sunday:- Rest

How long have you been using this routine? It may be time to switch some things up. I would recommend throwing in 2 days of weight training/high intensity interval training. That will help increase your EPOC(excessive post-workout oxygen consumption). That is the process that helps increase your metabolism, burn fat, and increase lean muscle. That will help "shock" your body and stimulate fat burning in a relatively short time frame.
If a man speaks in the woods and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

http://www.healthyoutdoorsman.com

DEER30

Postby DEER30 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:32 pm

I find that fatigue in my arms and shoulders often plagues me in August and early september when I begin practicing for the upcoming season. I don't have a lot of time throughout the year to practice shooting like I should so I started to incorporate a few exercises into my regular workout routine to help replicate the act of holding a bow for an extended time like you may have to do on a nervous deer or one that has turned, may be walking, etc. Please find these exercises at http://deer30outdoors.com/three-tips-that-will-improve-your-bow-shooting/ hope they help you.

Previous

Return to Hunter Health & Fitness