Vertigo

Tips on how to keep yourself in top form for the hunting season.
Everyday Hunter

Vertigo

Postby Everyday Hunter » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:20 am

I'm glad I wasn't sitting in a treestand when this happened. This morning I got up and almost crashed to the floor. I was able to lean toward the bed, and landed there.

I spent the day in the hospital undergoing tests. They took blood and ruled out a stroke or a heart attack. They gave me some vallium, I think because that would be the fastest way to get something into me that might help while they took me to imaging for a CT scan of my noggin. They said my brain was OK. (First time I've been told that.)

So, I'm loaded up with Antivert and won't be able to do anything for a few days.

This happened to me once previously, probably more than 15 years ago. That time it hit me in the middle of the day. I've wondered ever since then what I would do if it came on while hunting. Looks like I'll be OK, but out of commission for a few days.

Who else has experience with this?

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Return to Hunter Health & Fitness