In-season diet?

Tips on how to keep yourself in top form for the hunting season.
Winkmeister

Re: In-season diet?

Postby Winkmeister » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:17 pm

re: sports/nutrition bars, and other foods.
You would be best "served" to defer from bars and other supplements/food stuffs with soy products in them. Particularly true for men as soy is a false hormone (pseudo-estrogen). Just put in Soy Poison in your preferred search engine...
Unless you are a menopausal woman desiring hormone replacement therapy, Whey is way better. :)
Once you start reading ingredients, you'll be disgusted with how prevalent soy is, and the more it is manipulated/processed, the worse for you.
Happy Hunting (in the store aisles too!)

HuntingFool94

Postby HuntingFool94 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:33 pm

My wife and hunting partner came down with spinal cancer last year - she was doing research and came across the book anticancer - it has changed both our lives - I am a computer slave and don't get a lot of time for exercise but I have lost 20 lbs following this advice - www.anticancerbook.com. Cut out bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, artificial sugars and eat more salads and lean meat (which of course adds to our hunting adventures - shooting hogs, buffalo, elk, deer, pheasants) - I no longer buy meat at grocery - just occasional fish and seafood. My wife has lost 30 lbs all while being pretty much sedentary during the recovery process - this eating regimen will help cure/prevent cancer and also deal with weight issues. Our neighbor also had breast cancer and was struggling getting results from Chemo treatment - she read the book and cut all the artificial sugar out of her diet and got tremendous improvement.
"don't stink, don't move, don't make noise"

richdevlin761

Postby richdevlin761 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:38 pm

I love citrus fruit, but it is usually strong smelling if you have to peel it. A small bottle of juice works well as a replacement. Sawdust bars, dry-roasted peanuts, and dried fruit are staples of my hunting diet in the field. I cut back on seafood, red meat, and smelly foods.

Kanes1298

Postby Kanes1298 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:54 pm

Eat a simple but proper diet program, so you can fulfill the needs of your body and also you can reduce your extra weight.Eating healthy is about avoid the healthier meals as much as possible. Once you stay away from ready made meals then its better for your body. Otherwise Google it and you will found 1000s of programs but the bitter truth is to take the best one.
Hunting Dude

Previous

Return to Hunter Health & Fitness