What do you do to get/stay in shape?

Tips on how to keep yourself in top form for the hunting season.
JPH

RE: What do you do to get/stay in shape?

Postby JPH » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:14 am

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!

Impressive PT results from you and your bro, and impressive bucks.

We've got an awesome group on this site! Please tell all your QDMA friends to check us out.

Ps. Where is your brother in Mexico? We did a mission in Juarez this summer and my wife just returned from Guatemala.

QDMAMAN

Postby QDMAMAN » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:19 am

ORIGINAL: JPH
Ps. Where is your brother in Mexico? We did a mission in Juarez this summer and my wife just returned from Guatemala.

JPH,
Thanks for the warm welcome(s)!
My cousin is in Chihuahua with New Tribes Missions.  Currently he and his wife are the dorm parents for their kids and the kids of their fellow missionaries in the field. 
They are bible translators and were in the remote mountains of central Mexico with the Tepiwan Indians (tough gig!)
I admire the heck out him and his family and he's inspired me in many ways including mission work.  My wife and I spent a week in Ocean Springs Mississippi last January helping Katrina victims through UMCOR. VERY REWARDING, you go to be a blessing and get blessed, go figure.[;)]

Big [font=arial]T[/font]

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:47 am

JPH,
Please PM me the short gymless routine you mentioned above.

If things go well with the biggest loser competition, I'd be happy to post the embarrasing before and after pics.

I rang in the new year at 208, but would like to get down to 190 by end of April (softball season).  I'm 203 this morning.

Big T,
Nice pics.  Not sure what's more impressive...the bucks...or your weight loss.  Welcome to the forum.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

QDMAMAN

Postby QDMAMAN » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:58 am

ORIGINAL: Patriot
Big T,
Nice pics.  Not sure what's more impressive...the bucks...or your weight loss.  Welcome to the forum.

Thanks Patriot!
I keep the first pic around to remind me how far I let myself go without really knowing it.
I'm headed to Ohio next fall and Iowa in 2010 (God willing) and I just couldn't stand the thought of dropping dead of a heartattack and having to have the natives haul my big ars out of the woods.[:D]

Big [font=arial]T[/font]

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:33 am

ORIGINAL: QDMAMAN

ORIGINAL: Patriot
Big T,

Thanks Patriot!
I keep the first pic around to remind me how far I let myself go without really knowing it.
I'm headed to Ohio next fall and Iowa in 2010 (God willing) and I just couldn't stand the thought of dropping dead of a heartattack and having to have the natives haul my big ars out of the woods.[:D]

Big [font=arial]T[/font]

Where you headed in Ohio?  Welcome to the forum.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

QDMAMAN

Postby QDMAMAN » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:08 am

ORIGINAL: OHhunter
Where you headed in Ohio?  Welcome to the forum.

OHhunter, Thanks for the welcome!
I'm not sure where yet, just starting my homework.  It will be a cheap trip, self guided, and on public land unless I recieve an invite I can't refuse.  I have a couple friends that have leases in Ohio but they and their lease partners have restrictions on guest hunters, and I'm fine with that, makes for better hunting.
I'm exploring the Zaleski state forrest right now near Chillicothe.  I'm thinking some of the steeper, hard to access spots will be more productive.
My wife and I enjoy the Amish communities in Holmes County so a "scouting trip" may be in order this summer/early fall.
I'm open to suggestions from honest sources.[;)]

Big [font=arial]T[/font]

JPH

Postby JPH » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:22 am

VERY REWARDING, you go to be a blessing and get blessed, go figure.

Amen! I've helped lead two youth missions and am going back this summer. I'm hooked!

...Iowa in 2010 (God willing) and I just couldn't stand the thought of dropping dead of a heartattack and having to have the natives haul my big ars out of the woods.[:D]

Big [font=arial]T[/font]

Yeah, remember we drop the guts in the field before dragging around here. [:D]

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:28 am

QDMAMAN, I sent you a PM.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

QDMAMAN

Postby QDMAMAN » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:20 am

ORIGINAL: JPH

VERY REWARDING, you go to be a blessing and get blessed, go figure.

Amen! I've helped lead two youth missions and am going back this summer. I'm hooked!

...Iowa in 2010 (God willing) and I just couldn't stand the thought of dropping dead of a heartattack and having to have the natives haul my big ars out of the woods.[:D]

Big [font=arial]T[/font]

Yeah, remember we drop the guts in the field before dragging around here. [:D]

I'm cool with that...just make sure I've checked out.[:D]

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:17 am

i started lifting weights as a teenager.had manual jobs  then i did steelwork.i still ride my indoor bike and do some weight training need to drop some weight that i gained while i was laid up.i just finished a total body cleanse .I feel a lot better i suggest everyone try this .just be forewarned you will be going to the bathroom at least 3 times a day.they sell kits at GNC.i need to work on my core but hate doing situps/crunches just got an MRI back saying i got 5 bad discs in my lumbar and 1 herniated disc .this is on top of the bad discs in my cervical spine[:'(]going to start professional PT this wed,s .I'm sure they will teach some new tricks which i'll share here[;)]
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

PreviousNext

Return to Hunter Health & Fitness