What do you do to get/stay in shape?

Tips on how to keep yourself in top form for the hunting season.
DoeEyed

RE: What do you do to get/stay in shape?

Postby DoeEyed » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:43 am

Hey Joel try Pilates. No sit ups or crunches. Great for your core!
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:25 am

thanks for the tip i'll look into into it.
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

JPH

Postby JPH » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:13 am

I have a five minute core routine that is to be performed daily and at the end of a workout. I highly reccomed it.

It is all isometric (static) in nature. very simple an effective.

Let me know and I can PM it to you.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:22 am

please send it to me JPH. I was just checking out that new WII video game they have a "fit" version plus fishing and hunting[:)]
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

JPH

Postby JPH » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:54 am

Will do! I have it saved at work, so I'll get it to you tomorrow.

As for the Wii Fit, I have to chuckle. We have the Wii and my wife and daughter want the Wii Fit. I think it looks like one of those convenient things that makes people feel like they are working out, without actually making them sweat or strain.

They are both mad at me.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:36 pm

yeah  i kinda thought a video game of exercise was kinda funny but supposedly it gives ya good workout.doesnt matter they are sold out everywhere here

JPH

Postby JPH » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:41 am

I sent you the routine. I can send pics of the positions if I need to. Hope it helps. Please post a reveiew here when you've tried it, maybe it's worth posting as a thread by itself.

As for the Wii thing, I should be careful. I think they are making enough money they could pay to have Ninjas come and take me out.

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:09 am

I may attempt the 100 push up challenge.  I've actually taken the inital test (12 good push ups) and printed off week 1.  We'll see how it goes.

[font=arial] [/font][font=arial]http://hundredpushups.com/test.html[/font]
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:11 am

I'm down from 212 to 200 pounds since December 1.  My goal is to get to 185-190 by May.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

whubbard

Postby whubbard » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:11 am

Santa Clause brought my daughters the Wii Fit for Christmas.  What a kick A*S gift.  I've been working out on it for 20 to 30 min. a day probably four times a week.  I've lost 9 pounds in a month, and feel incredibly stronger since starting.  I alternate my workouts every time.  Yoga, strength training, balance games, and cardio.  It truly is a great thing.  Kind of pricey, but it makes working out fun.  (Or more fun than it used to be.)  Kinda funny to say, but my Wii trainer actually motivates me.  Its awesome, and I am laaazzzzy when it comes to working out.  Anybody else got on the Wii kick?

PreviousNext

Return to Hunter Health & Fitness