This was an eye opener....

Tips on how to keep yourself in top form for the hunting season.
msbadger

This was an eye opener....

Postby msbadger » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:56 am

How the things we do or don't on a regular bases..not "Exercise" related effects us...As many of you know I hike daily and work the wood lots ...cutting trees hauling brush...building what ever comes to mind and the summer plots...but winter brings me the snow and shoveling our 100yrd drive and parking areas and hiking with out snow shoes through knee deep snows...
Not this year!! and hhhmm this is the first year in 15 I've gained weight...now I usually fluctuate up and down 10lbs during the year but stay under a certain #....I WANT MY WINTERS BACK :cry: Not shoveling and snow plowing...as I call my winter hikes...is costing me....Our new elliptical will arrive at the end of the week!! ;)
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

Deebz

Re: This was an eye opener....

Postby Deebz » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:18 am

I'm hearing you on that one Ms. B! The biggest difference for me this year was not getting to do much pheasant hunting. Usually I get out at least 4 or 5 times and log some serious miles. For various reasons I only got out for 1 short hunt. I tried to run some wind sprints with my baseball team the other day and felt like I was going to hurl! I'm hoping it warms up some more so I can do some bike riding to build up my cardio and leg strength
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Return to Hunter Health & Fitness