Weekly accountability

Tips on how to keep yourself in top form for the hunting season.
drdaven

Weekly accountability

Postby drdaven » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:39 am

Fellow forum posters,

This post is for all of us trying to attain or maintain a fitness goals throughout the winter season.  It is designed to provide us all with some accountability with others seeking the same. 

If you are anything like me, you work your tail off to attain a goal prior to the hunting season only to switch gears once the season opens.  Once the seasons are all closed you look at yourself and swear that you weren't going to do this again this year. 

So, if we all post our weekly accomplishments as it relates to attaining/maintaining our fitness goals.  Maybe this January we won't have to bust our tails quite so hard to get back into shape.

Good luck to all.
Hunting the Michigan Thumbs agricultural mecca...farm country bucks taste the best.

drdaven

RE: Weekly accountability

Postby drdaven » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:44 am

I personally have two goals this winter. 

1)  Maintain some level of cardiovascular stamina, so my half ironman triathlon doesn't kill me in 2010.

2)  Develop a level of leg strength and stamina to be able to pack out the bull elk I plan on getting during my 2010 Colorado archery hunt.
Hunting the Michigan Thumbs agricultural mecca...farm country bucks taste the best.

Croz73PA

Postby Croz73PA » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:15 pm

My goal is pretty simple.  I plan to get out and hike whenever i get the chance.  I hate excersize but its tollerable if not enjoyable if I can do it in the woods.  I'll just have to convince myself that it doesnt matter if I'm going to fast and making noise, its the offseason.  I may not see many deer but I can still scout.

drdaven

Postby drdaven » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:22 pm

Croz,

Consider adding a weighted pack on your trips out.  Then you are exercising and doing it your way.

Just a thought.

Return to Hunter Health & Fitness