Finished Fitness Challenge!

Tips on how to keep yourself in top form for the hunting season.
Nubs

Finished Fitness Challenge!

Postby Nubs » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:41 pm

I think I may have mentioned in a different post that I was involved in a fitness challenge? I work for the Polk County WI, Sheriff Dept. They had a law enforcement fitness challenge that started back in January. The results are based on body fat percentage and not weight loss. I just got back from weighing out a few hrs ago and thought I would share with you all my results.

I weighed in at 184lbs, and 15.4% body fat back in January. After 3 months of working hard I weighed out at 188lbs and 10.5% body fat. I ended up with an overall difference of 31%. The lady at the health dept who did all our measurements sad she didn't think a 30% change was possible in 3 months, she also sad the next closest person to me had an overall change of 23%.

I will be getting $200 bucks for coming in first place, my plan was to use that money to buy a laser range finder with angle compensation! I am pretty excited and pleased with my results. Here is proof that dedication and hard work can pay off.

Patriot

RE: Finished Fitness Challenge!

Postby Patriot » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:33 pm

Where's the pics! [8|]
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

MSHunter

Postby MSHunter » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:47 am

Nubs,
Great job!! What sort of workout plan did you follow? Please post, if  you don't mind sharing.

JPH

Postby JPH » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:12 am

Nubs,

A. That is freaking awesome!

B. As the "moderator" of the Hunter Health & Fitness board, I'm going to need a urine sample.

Nubs

Postby Nubs » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:33 pm

JPH, I will have the pee in the mail on Monday just pm me your address. [8D]

Patriot, I am not as brave as you. Posting half naked pics of myself for you stare at ...? I don't know, just can't do it. [;)]

MSHunter, My schedule at work is a 6 day on 3 day off schedule. Day 1, run a mile. Then work chest, back, shoulders and legs. All my lifts are 3X10's with the last set going until muscle failure. Day 2, run a mile. work abs and lower back. Day 3, another mile. Work biceps, triceps, forearms and legs. Day 4, another mile, Chest, Back, Shoulders, and legs. I don't do the same lifts as the first day I change them up and try to hit the same muscles from different angles. Day 5, another mile. Work abs and lower back. Day 6, run that mile. Biceps, triceps, forearms, and legs with different lifts. Days off, didn't do much just tried to stay active around the house and let my body rest.

I added protein supplement to my diet and increased the amount of good food that I eat. Such as lean meat (venison) and fruits and veggies. The hardest part was making sure I was eating enough so I didn't lose weight, trying to keep your calories up is harder then it sounds. I also was constantly trying to run my mile faster and faster pushing myself to beat the previous time.

I can post the exact lifts that I was doing if you want but I think you get the general picture.

Return to Hunter Health & Fitness