Wii Fit

Tips on how to keep yourself in top form for the hunting season.
reeper0697

RE: Wii Fit

Postby reeper0697 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:45 pm

My gf has a wii. She always makes me take the wii fitness test. I cant hit those damn focus mits in boxing for the life of me. We will do boxing and I can punch as hard as I can, she moves those things like she is doing a drum roll and manages to whoop me. I started to move the controllers like she did and it works alot better. Not realistic at all. (hers isnt anyways)
I dont play it much and guess just like anything else you will get better over time, it is better for you than just sitting on your butt.
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:51 am

We have a wii, but not the wii fit game, I did watch a thing on sportscenter where a major league pitcher started doing wii fit and is best condition and lightest weight of his major league career.  His coaches actually told him to take it easy, he was going to lose to much weight and possible loose some heat on his fastball.  Just me, but I'd rather be outside or in a gym doing my workouts. 
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:28 pm

still trying to get one they are tough to find round here.i played a  fishing game on it with my nephews we had a blast but now we can do the real thing[:D]
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:28 am

Just a coincidence:

Nintendo smash hit Wii Fit is usually associated with improved health, but for one fit and healthy British man, the opposite proved true, with tragic results.
Tim Eves, who was a keen fisherman, musician, and scout leader from the Norfolk area of eastern England, collapsed and died shortly after playing Wii Fit's jogging minigame -- and just moments after talking to his mother by telephone.

See Another Wii Fit Controversy
[/align][/align]"We spoke to him on the phone when he was playing on the Wii machine. He told us he had just ordered himself a kebab and was sitting there with a glass of port. But a little while after he had put the phone down, he collapsed for no reason. It was completely out of the blue," Eves' mother told the Daily Telegraph.
A cause of death has not yet been established, but early reports suggest Eves may have been a victim of Sudden Adult Death Syndrome, a condition whereby apparently fit and healthy adults can suffer cardiac arrests with no warning. There's no indication Wii Fit was to blame.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

OHhunter

Wii Fit

Postby OHhunter » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:06 am

Wii Fit
Anyone have one?  Did it work for you?

My wife bought one yesterday, I'm a bit skeptical.  I've been running, hiking, eating right and doing some push ups, sit ups and few other exercises routinely for about a month and half now.  I feel great, until I got on the wii fit.   It calculated my weight at 199 lbs., my BMI at 26.99 and gave me a wii fit age of 51 (I'm actually 31), the wife who is a year younger than me was calculated at 52 [:D][:D][:D], I see a competition brewing. 

I plan on doing it routinely for a month, I'll keep you posted on the progress. So far it seems like a fairly good workout, giving you choices between cardio, yoga, strength, and balance ( which is a lot harder than you would think, after doing it I was asked if I have trouble walking with out falling).
Brad

JPH

Postby JPH » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:06 am

We have one too. My daughter likes it and I am glad that she is on her feet when in front of the TV.

My thoughts are that if you are going to play video games (and I do) you should play Wii and possibly Wii fit. If you are looking for a complete fitness program and would not otherwise play video games, save your money.

All that being said, I took the Wii fitness evaluation and it told me I was borderline obese and had the strength and balance of someone 20 years older. I got mad and that was the last time I touched it.

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:49 am

After 3 days with this wii fit, I got to say I'm a little surprised.  Like I said earlier I've been doing some workouts and running pretty regularly over the last 6 or 7 weeks.  But after 3 days 1 hour a day I'm hurtin, especially my abs.
Brad

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:06 am

Keep it up you'll be ripped b4 too long.

Just be careful

http://forum.deeranddeerhunting.com/tm.aspx?m=31140
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Christopher

Re: Wii Fit

Postby Christopher » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:45 am

I play some sports or participate in some physical activities for the fitness purposes.
As far as using it to get in shape, nothing can replaces the proper exercises and workout plan.

Previous

Return to Hunter Health & Fitness