What's your motivation ?

Tips on how to keep yourself in top form for the hunting season.
OHhunter

What's your motivation ?

Postby OHhunter » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:42 am

This might have been touched on here already, if so sorry.  As I was running today approaching mile 3 (that's this weeks goal) and wanting to quit.  I kept thinking about how much more enjoyable spring turkey season will be. I hunt alot of steep terrian and thought of being able to climb these goat slopes without being winded.  That is what keeps me going. 

What's your motivation?
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

JPH

RE: What's your motivation ?

Postby JPH » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:23 am

Excellent question! In the end, it's all about motivation.

I think it started for me when I was very young. I was small and lived in a neighborhood full of older boys. Sports, comeptition, and fighting were a way of life. That, and the fact that things were not good at home always made me feel like an underdog. I hated to loose and I worked harder at being strong, skilled and tough than anyone else. That stayed with me as I grew. I was the shortest guy on my high school football team and weighed 150 lbs., but I managed to earn post season honors as a linebacker and a small scolarship. While I am happy to say that I've mellowed a lot over time, I still have that edge. I guess some call it "small man's syndrome". Whatever.

I can be as lazy as the next guy, but I actually enjoy the feeling of lactic acid in my system. I like knowing that I do things the average person will not do.

Scot

Postby Scot » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:06 pm

It allows me to have more energy for all area's of my life.Family,Business,Hunting.
I want to be able to effectively hunt for a long time!

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:02 am

For years I just wanted to  be ripped and strong like ox.

Now that I have a 2.5 and 4 year old, I want to be more ripped and strong, but I want to be ripped and strong their whole lives. [:D]

I love it when my lil girl is watching TV or something and says
"Daddy your way stronger than he is"
And even though he is only 2ish, I can tell my son is gonna be into everything physical, so far its just head butts and nipple twists, but I figure its gonna lead to much more (catch, climbing, engine blocks, etc).

Thats my motivation; many healthy years with the lil ones and hopefully their lil ones. [:)]

"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Return to Hunter Health & Fitness