P90X

Tips on how to keep yourself in top form for the hunting season.
Dylan

Re: P90X

Postby Dylan » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:03 pm

I haven't used p90X but I know a guy who swears by it. I've seen the weight he has shed too. He travels a lot and says its great to use in hotel rooms.

Healthy Outdoorsman

Postby Healthy Outdoorsman » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:29 pm

Anyone can shed weight with proper nutrition and a kick #$% training program. The nutrition part of it is BY FAR the most important though. You can actually lose weight just by changing your diet. The P90X workout is certainly not a bad program, but I always advocate picking up and moving heavy things in the weight room. Nothing beats it for increasing testosterone levels, bone density, and lean muscle mass. You also get the benefit of a higher EPOC(excess post-workout oxygen consumption), which is basically your body metabolizing fat and rebuilding your muscles. The workouts themselves are also a bit to long in my opinion. Your muscles generally run out of ATP(energy) after about 30-45 minutes of high intensity exercise. That is why I am a big advocate of "less is more" when it comes to training.

All that being said, I still believe that P90X is a great way to get started if you haven't worked out much. I would never tell someone not to do it if they enjoyed it. It's certainly more than 80% of Americans are doing. :)
If a man speaks in the woods and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

http://www.healthyoutdoorsman.com

Blair21

Postby Blair21 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:27 am

I want to start the P90X program. For the purpose of weight loss, increasing muscle mass and sweating. This good things for detox and regulating blood sugar. If any one have information or experience with this let me know please...

mhouck06

Postby mhouck06 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:09 am

You guys should check out the hunter athlete by mark everest. Pretty sweet system. He does a lot of stuff... They brought him into work for occupational athletics. He's got some cool programs. The hunter athlete is a book and DVD. Worth checking out

Gladz15

Postby Gladz15 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:02 am

I have complete P90X With awesome results!!! Since I have become a beachbody coach. Beachbody is the creator of P90X and other home workout. I have complete P90X2, and Insanity. Love vein in shape for when I go out hunting. It anyone has question about fitness or beachbody products let me know, I would be glad to help out other people that like the things I like to do. A little about myself, I am 41 with 3 kids and a beautiful wife. I hunt in Tigerton, biggest buck scored 156. I took the kayak up the Embarrass river. Wasn't fun getting it back, but worth it :) Scott

Gladz15

Postby Gladz15 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:05 am

One more thing anyone getting a beachbody program (P90X)thought me, I will give them a cool looking T-shirt.

Previous

Return to Hunter Health & Fitness