First its the eyes, then the brain apparently

Tips on how to keep yourself in top form for the hunting season.
Sailfish

First its the eyes, then the brain apparently

Postby Sailfish » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:29 am

About 4 weeks ago I started a regime of BCAA. Trying to get around 5g 5 x day
I was starting to train hard again for strength, but wanted to  start leaning out again for the summer. Trying to ensure I don't short my muscles during my diet change and all.
Anyways, I started with capsules but the cost per gm isn't as beneficial as the powder.

I get this tub of powder and read the servings size, over and over and over again. Kept checking, all seemed like I was doing everything right. However my tub wasn't going to last the full 60 servings. I thought I was shorted BIG time..................I rechecked again today.....................its teaspoon not TABLESPOON  [:D]

I was pounding 15g x 5 times a day!!! HA. This stuff isn't all that cheap, so I am quite happy to have figured it out....now. Man I'll have to get a magnifying glass and a second opinion or something in the future LOL.

Oh the upside. The last 2 weeks have been incredible workouts and recovery. I have lots of power right now and just feel strong all the time (not just in the gym) if that makes sense.

I'm hoping that this program will continue with the way it is, I may rate this second to andro for overall benefit.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Sailfish

RE: First its the eyes, then the brain apparently

Postby Sailfish » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:59 pm

The BCAA are great. Good workouts, muscle seem to respond well to them. Good pump. BUT then the supplier ran out of the unflavored. I bought a bottle of the flavored.................toooooooooooooooooooo SWEET!!! Horrible. Apparently the only place I can get the Optimum Nutrition BCAA powder is direct from them and its $$$. I took a break from them (don't want to take the chance my body to get to used to any one supplement) , so I started  a new product called Assault

WOW.
Talk about a pre-workout drink! Great pump, high reps, quick recovery, its pretty good stuff. 10-15 minutes after drinking it your hands and legs tingle and your head starts to itch. Cost wise, its pretty efficient. 1/2 scoop has all I really needed. Please read the label before taking any supplement.

I'm able to squat, bench, and deadlift all over 300# and still run 2.8 miles a day when cycling these supplements. I think in another week i'll combine the BCAA 5x day with the assualt in the morning workout!
It should give me a real nice strength bump and maybe get rid of those 4-5# I can't seem to drop!!

Mastertangler

Postby Mastertangler » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:28 pm

Sailfish....I just hope you know what you're doing with all the supplements cause it sure sounds like if you ever quit it'll be quite the downer. Almost sounds like an addiction to caffeine / energy drinks....riding high, feeling energy, and when you come off it, it's just like any other drug.

But, at the same time you've got me interested in doing a little more research too. I only take a supplement when I work out the few times a week for recovery but maybe a little something additional could be beneficial too.

Good luck in your goals to drop the last few lb's....those are always the hardest.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:57 am

Ohhhh don't get me started on the coffee [:D] 10 cups a day easy.

I usually only do a protein shake 3-4 times a day.
But as the kids got older I had to change my routine to workout @ 6am.
That is just brutal to me. Can't get motivated, very sleepy.
Subsequently over a two or three year period, I wasn't making the gains (actually wasn't even maintaining) I was used to. So I decided to add the additional supplements for the bump and the alertness.

My plan for now until I get to where I want to, is to cycle between the bcaa and this preworkout thing on a 6 week deal with maybe a 1 or 2 week overlap. Hopefully by summer, I will be where I want to be.

I know what you mean though, there are some FREAKS out there with their supplements. I think (at this point) i'm small time and hope not have to worry about getting hooked and or needing them.

We'll see.

JPH

Postby JPH » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:27 am

ORIGINAL: Sailfish

...there are some FREAKS out there with their supplements....

Sailfish

Re: First its the eyes, then the brain apparently

Postby Sailfish » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:45 am

Finally ordered the BCAA and the Assault product to take simultaneously.

Into the second week.......boy it kicks fast. 3 weeks ago I was still in the 300# x 2 range on the dead-lifts.
Today I hit 315 x 6 easy! I think I coulda did a couple more but I was shocked that I did that much that I lost my focus.
If anything the products give a great pump and feeling of power (even if it may be psychosomatic).

Healthy Outdoorsman

Postby Healthy Outdoorsman » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:53 am

I have been using Assault for a while now and haven't seen a better product. A lot of guys I talk to like Super Pump and NO Xplode, but I have pretty much tried them all and Assault seems to deliver the best results for me. There is an ingredient in there, beta alanine, that I believe is the main difference. Beta Alanine gives you a better pump while allowing your muscles to fatigue much slower. Great stuff!!
If a man speaks in the woods and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

http://www.healthyoutdoorsman.com

bmstaaf

Postby bmstaaf » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:12 pm

I tried the no explode, I am picking up a month supply this week. I am a very energetic person, but I need that one more hour push to keep me going right now...I played soccer in college so I was skinny and fit my whole life until now...gained 40lbs since college soccer 6 years ago from now...I found what I would consider a weak and easy program (even though I will struggle) I will be doing for a while to build stamina....on another note trying to beat the nicotine lifestyle as well, will see how it goes!

Return to Hunter Health & Fitness