WGI D8 video Ohio buck . Score?

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
masterski03

WGI D8 video Ohio buck . Score?

Postby masterski03 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:39 am

Got a sweet video of this deer I call Grey Face( Has grey on his nose ). I first seen this deer as a 2.5 year old and passed on him. Last season didn't see him during the day especially with the rut being crappy with the warm november temps. But we did get pics and estimated him at about 130 as a 3.5 year old. We also found one side of his rack in the spring. What would you guys give him this year as a 4.5 year old? Me and my buddies are saying 140-145.Either way Im not passing on him this year haha!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7_UEM9qoE4
Thanks guys and happy hunting!!!!

scottflesher

RE: WGI D8 video Ohio buck . Score?

Postby scottflesher » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:08 pm

that is a nice buck. It's hard to tell what he'll score but i'd guess 130-135. His body size could be fooling me and could distort the size I think he is, but my opinion is that most guys overestimate. He's got plent of points but nothing that appears to be longer than 7 inches which could make it tough to score high. Non the less a beautiful buck that only a fool would pass on. [:)]
Best of luck getting him.

Duder

Postby Duder » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:43 pm

He is a great buck. It looks like he'd probably gross 140-145, but a lot of deductions and it looks like that right main beam is shorter than the left, I don't really know what the net would be. Doesn't matter, he's a beauty for sure.

masterski03

Postby masterski03 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:53 pm

Thanks guys for the input. I hope I get him and if I do I will post pics. Good luck to both of you and if your looking for a good camera the wilgame innovations d8 is great! Takes really good pics and very good vids as you can see . Battery life is over 5 weeks and I am getting about 60 vids a week.

CoG

Postby CoG » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:57 am

He could possibly gross in the 130's.  No right G4?  He's got the width, but maybe not the tine length.  A super gorgeous deer nonetheless, who cares what it scores?  Did you get him?
-Benny

Return to Photo Corner