Post Your Fall 2010 Hunt Pictures

Share your photos of trophies and just plain strange deer!
DoeEyed

RE: Post Your Fall 2010 Hunt Pictures

Postby DoeEyed » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:02 am

msb,~ congrats! your season is not turning out too bad after all [:D]

10pt~ congrats on a great buck!

nubs~ wow, sounds like you had a very exciting opening morning! Congratuations on your 4 deer!
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

bownutz

Postby bownutz » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:30 am

Congratulations to all that scored this year. I was blessed on Nov. 13th last day of PA. archery. I put a 30 yard shot on him, as he ran off the shot looked a little back. One hour later with a solid red arrow and a good blood trail for 100 yards..... IT STOPPED. after some phone calls to hunters I respect, I decided to back out. 3 hours later we returned to the last blood, spread out eyes to the ground. 1 hour later I heard a yell about 100 yards away. When I got to him he had already pulled my buck out of a tree top. I dont have the words to say how I felt then and even now but BLESSED!! It was a liver / guts shot. My worst kill shot, my best buck ever. In the end.... we'll eat good this winter, and come spring I will add one more Memory to my home.

bownutz

Postby bownutz » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:39 am

Congratulations to all that have scored this year. I was blessed to take this buck on the last day of Pa. archery season.

bownutz

Postby bownutz » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:42 am

Dont know how to do this stuff !!!!!!!! Congrats everyone. LoL!!!

Samntuck

Postby Samntuck » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:56 am

Not a monster like some of those posted previously, but certainly some tasty meat to fill the freezer. After hitting and losing a spike buck on the second day of the NY southern tier shotgun season, I was incredibly dejected and thought that I'd never end up harvesting a deer this season, but low and behold, this girl came in 20 minutes before sunrise with two of her fawns(one being a button buck) and an additional two does on my first morning on stand at a new location. It was my first time ever hunting private property and it's definitely incredible to see how differently the deer behave in an area where there is little to no pressure--I've always hunted state land and after the first day or two, the deer patterns change and they're no where to be found during day light hours. These five deer came within 5 to 15 yards of my stand and even with the wind blowing my scent right into their nose, they stuck around for over 20 minutes. It was a remarkable sight that I've finally been able to witness and really brings deer hunting into a whole new world for me. I cannot wait to hunt this property next year, especially given the abundance of deer signs(over a dozen huge scrapes, rubs on decent sized trees). Anyway, after a long-winded post, here's a picture of the good sized doe that I harvested on my first private property hunt. Unfortunately, I didn't have a high quality camera with me in the field, so a tailgate picture is the best I could procure.

JPH

Postby JPH » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:12 pm

ORIGINAL: Samntuck

Not a monster like some of those posted previously, but...

But nothing! Thanks for sharing your deer and your experience with us.

For what it's worth, I value the stories of regular posters and/or people who take the time to share the journey far more than the single posts of people who use the forum as nothing more than a "bragging board".

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:52 pm

ORIGINAL: Nubs

Shot this eight point opening day of the WI rifle season. I also shot 3 more does about 15 minutes after I shot the buck, the action started early and fast for me this year, I had a blast!

Great deer Nubs.  Where's the doe pics?!  [:)][:)]
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

10PT

Postby 10PT » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:26 pm

ORIGINAL: MoDeer

10PT welcome to the forum .

Congratulations to all on some great deer .

MoDeer, Thank you for the welcome. There seems to be a great group of people here. I hope I can fit in and I'm sure to learn a few things in the process.[;)]

Thanks Again !

10PT 

NYSupersportsman

Postby NYSupersportsman » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:01 pm

You guys are all great! Some wonderful deer and stories. JPH you never cease to amaze me with your consistent deer slaying! And congrats to everyone else. I will have 2 more days of hunting in 2010 and that will be this saturday and sunday.  It is our late muzzleloader season here in WNY and I will focus mainly on still hunting for most of the 2 days. I have a doe tag and buck tag left. I am excited.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:30 pm

Awesome deer everyone!

I'm with Patriot...Nubs, where are the doe pics? [:D]
QDM!

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Corner